IT Database/ETL Developer, WBO Reporting Team (WBOR), Gdańsk
It’s an exciting time for you to join us. We’re a changing company with big ambitions and together we’ll create the future of banking.
Working with us, you will play a part in building a better bank that fulfils a meaningful role in society. We aim to help our 11 million customers around the world improve their lives and reach their goals. To do that, we are shaping the digital transformation of banking to improve the services we deliver. Interested in coming on the journey with us?
WBOR is a part of Capital Markets IT which is responsible for supporting and developing systems and solutions for Wholesale Banking Operations. We are divided in several CI-teams located in Denmark and Poland. We are focused on simplification - we consider the agile development methods and close cooperation with business as the key to achieve that.
We are looking for an IT Database Developer to join the Wholesale Banking Operations Reporting project teams related with Regulatory Reporting, Tax Reporting and Backoffice Reporting.
As a Developer in our team, we expect you to be open-minded, and constantly challenge yourself and your colleagues in seeking new solutions to the tasks at hand, and thereby contribute actively to a learning driven environment.
What you’ll be doing:
- Using leading edge technologies, in order to develop high performance real-time systems, processing a large number of transactions daily,
- Supporting hundreds of users distributed across our offices world-wide,
- Creating high quality codes in our applications, which include reporting tools of high importance for Nordea,
- Interacting with the business and the rest of the development team in order to plan, design and create the applications and data for reporting,
- Contributing to continuous improvements in developing processes, suggesting the best approach based on your own experience,
By joining Nordea Team, you will gain:
- Opportunity to participate in ambitious international IT projects,
- Further development and customisation of the applications per business requests,
- Troubleshoot and fix existing models and solutions,
- Wonderful team spirit and a great working atmosphere in a friendly team,
- Stable employment conditions in international environment,
- Agile project approach,
- Challenging tasks,
- Cafeteria benefits plan (life insurance, retirement program, sport card, private health care, cinema tickets),
- Possibility to increase your knowledge and skills (Internal and external trainings, Lunch & learn sessions, etc.)
The role is based in Gdańsk but you might be also required to travel to Nordic countries (mainly Denmark.)
Who are you?Collaboration. Ownership. Passion. Courage. The four key values that guide us in being at our best and that we expect all our colleagues to be committed to.
To build a successful career with us, you’ll work well with others and always act with the customer’s needs in mind. You love learning and trying new things, and you’re excited about bringing your ideas to the table. You’re honest and dependable, willing to speak up even when it’s difficult, and committed to empowering others. You’re passionate about doing a great job.
You enjoy working in a high-performing team, setting high-standards and you have the ability and willingness to learn and grow together with the unit. You need to have very good communication and cooperation skills. It is important that you have analytical mindset and you are familiar with agile way of working.
- Two or more years of experience using Oracle Databases, SQL and PLSQL scripts. • Solid theoretical knowledge and a practical experience in the relational databases area.
- Good knowledge of product development lifecycle.
- Independent, self-driven personality, with strong desire to do things in the right way.
- Ability to communicate efficiently with stakeholders on all levels.
- Agile working method.
- Fluent English (used on a daily basis).
Nice to have skills (additional advantage):
- Good analytical skills and business understanding.
- Experience in the data warehouses (modelling, implementing).
- Experience using IBM WebSphere DataStage or similar tools (Informatica, Microsoft SSIS)
- Experience in the Business Intelligence reporting tools (e.g. OBIEE).
- Experience in Java development (Spring, Apache Kafka).
- Experience in delivering trainings, mentoring or sharing knowledge.
If this sounds like you, we look forward to welcoming you to the team!
More information and send applicationYou have until 19 March 2018 to send us your application.
We believe that diversity improves team performance. Therefore, we strive to form teams with a mix of people of different genders and ages, and with different backgrounds and experiences.
Great people often know great people – please share if you have a friend who would love this job.
Please include permit for processing personal data in CV as following: “I give my permission for the processing of my personal data that is essential for the recruitment process in Nordea Bank AB branch in Poland, in accordance with the Act of 29.08.1997 on the Protection of Personal Data (Journal of Laws No. 133, item 883 amended)”.
We reserve the right to reply only to selected applications.