Application Maintenance Director, Gdynia or Warsaw
It’s an exciting time for you to join us. We’re a changing company with big ambitions and together we’ll create the future of banking.
Working with us, you will play a part in building a better bank that fulfils a meaningful role in society. We aim to help our 11 million customers around the world improve their lives and reach their goals. To do that, we are shaping the digital transformation of banking to improve the services we deliver. Interested in coming on the journey with us?
Nordea is running a transformation programme focused on improving the Quality of our services. Quality is a fundamental pre-requisite for customer satisfaction. We are coming from a “mixed operating model” where application development and application maintenance are handled within the same organization. We are looking for a director to lead application maintenance after implementing Segregation of Duties between these 2 functions.
As Application Maintenance Director, you’ll take responsibility of the role where you will have to demonstrate an important leadership skills in communication and processes. As the successful candidate you will lead a consolidated team of specialists performing application maintenance of all our applications for Banking IT.
In (Technology Operations&Support (TOS), we RUN Nordea across Nordea’s geographies and business divisions excluding Trading Technology. We enable the millions of transactions that our customers every day send through our systems. We are a highly specialised operations organization with a very strong emphasis on quality of our IT services.
The areas of responsibilities in the role include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Deliver application maintenance for the entire application portfolio such as
- Incident resolution and communication
- Problem management
- Business Continuity
- Risk and Compliance
- Secure a structured process for handling workloads with a consistent focus on process and process performance
- Secure the necessary technical competency teams introducing necessary standards for application documentation
- Secure a tight coupling with 1st level application support to eliminate necessary root causes to improve customer satisfaction
- Secure a tight coupling with 3rd level support to develop necessary improvements to the application portfolio to increase quality and optimize hardware resource consumption
The role is based in Gdynia, Poland. Welcome to a team which follows the overall vision of running stable and scalable IT services cost.
Who are you
Collaboration. Ownership. Passion. Courage. The four key values that guide us in being at our best and that we expect all our colleagues to be committed to.
To build a successful career with us, you’ll work well with others and always act with the customer’s needs in mind. You love learning and trying new things, and you’re excited about bringing your ideas to the table. You’re honest and dependable, willing to speak up even when it’s difficult, and committed to empowering others. You’re passionate about doing a great job.
We imagine that you have great communication skills as well as excellent people skills to manage a geographically dispersed team. Contained will to a strong process drive, together with the ability to work across organisational silos, will be an important quality in the successful candidate.
You have several of the qualifications listed below:
- Practical understanding of application development lifecycle
- Experience of integration services with diverse models
- Experience working with business partners on building/transforming business objectives to platform requirements
- Preferably an experience from another company with application maintenance, preferably with experience of onboarding applications
- Experience working with outsource suppliers in the provision of application maintenance services
- Academic degree with a minimum of Bachelor’s degree or equivalent.
- ITIL certification at a minimum of Foundation level
- Leadership experience from a large IT organization
- Oral and written fluency in English language and Polish
If this sounds like you, we look forward to welcoming you to the team!
Application deadline is 28th of February 2018.
We believe that diversity improves team performance. Therefore, we strive to form teams with a mix of people of different genders and ages, and with different backgrounds and experiences.
Great people often know great people – please share if you have a friend who would love this job.
To all recruitment agencies: Please note, we don’t accept unsolicited resumes for any of our positions. All contact regarding agency resumes should be directed to Nordea Talent Acquisition handling everything related to recruitment.
Please include permit for processing personal data in CV as following: “I give my permission for the processing of my personal data that is essential for the recruitment process in Nordea Bank AB branch in Poland, in accordance with the Act of 29.08.1997 on the Protection of Personal Data (Journal of Laws No. 133, item 883 amended)”.
We reserve the right to reply only to selected applications.