AML & Sanctions Data Analyst - Nordea, Tallinn, Estonia
It’s an exciting time for you to join us. We’re a changing company with big ambitions and together we’ll create the future of banking. Working with us, you will play a part in building a better bank that fulfils a meaningful role in society. We aim to help our 11 million customers around the world improve their lives and reach their goals. To do that, meeting our customers’ changing needs and offering them the best possible service is central to everything we do. Interested in coming on the journey with us?
As AML & Sanctions Data Analyst you will take an active role in Anti-Money Laundery (AML) and Sanctions team in supporting Nordea Group.
In Nordea Operations Centre in Tallinn (NOC) we are providing a variety of different services to other units within the Nordea Group. As “One Nordea Team”, employees in NOC will be working very closely together with Nordea in the Nordic countries.
What you’ll be doing:
- Analysing transaction and customer data to identify opportunities for increasing screening effectiveness and efficiency
- Analysing the screening system to increase its effectiveness
- Creating automatization and process improvements
- Creating and improving visualizations in support of reporting and exploration
- Presenting findings and suggestions to management
- Supporting sanctions screening processing with ad hoc data requests
The role is based in Tallinn, Estonia.
In NOC attention to pro-activity as well as taking responsibility for own actions and development are highly valued. Our employees create organisational culture, and together with managers contribute to reaching out for our deliveries in rapidly changing environment, working hand in hand with different stakeholders across the organisation. We will offer you further development in the challenging matrix organisation, high level of independency and ownership in executing processes and great atmosphere at workplace among enthusiastic and result oriented employees
Who are you
Collaboration. Ownership. Passion. Courage. The four key values that guide us in being at our best and that we expect all our colleagues to be committed to.
To build a successful career with us, you’ll work well with others and always act with the customer’s needs in mind. You love learning and trying new things, and you’re excited about bringing your ideas to the table. You’re honest and dependable, willing to speak up even when it’s difficult, and committed to empowering others. You’re passionate about doing a great job.
The ideal candidate can work with and break down large amounts of data and explain their findings to non-technical persons quickly and concisely. You are not afraid of problem-solving and can interface with other teams efficiently with a service-oriented mindset.
Specifically, you meet some of the following requirements:
- A degree in science, technology, economics or equivalent discipline
- Experience or training in data analysis/statistics or programming tools/languages such as: R, Python, Matlab, SAS, Stata, SPSS or equivalent
- Ability to take ownership, and drive tasks to completion
- Familiarity with or an interest in data visualization software such as Tableau, Qlik or equivalent
- SQL and working with databases is considered an asset
- Excel VBA is considered an asset
- Experience with Linux or other command line interfaces is considered an asset
If this sounds like you, we look forward to welcoming you to the team!
Please send us your application as soon as possible as we plan to start with the team as of 2018.
We believe that diversity improves team performance. Therefore, we strive to form teams with a mix of people of different genders and ages, and with different backgrounds and experiences.
Great people often know great people – please share if you have a friend who would love this job.