IT Sourcing Manager to join IT Supplier Management, Gdynia
Working with us, you will play a part in building a better bank that fulfils a meaningful role in society. We aim to help our 11 million customers around the world improve their lives and reach their goals. To do that, we are shaping the digital transformation of banking to improve the services we deliver. Interested in coming on the journey with us?
As a IT Sourcing Manager, you’ll be given a chance to work in one of the largest financial institutions in Europe that is going through a very interesting and ambitious transformation journey on both business and IT level. In IT Supplier Management, we are at the heart of the transformation, and will play a key role in matching the external supplier quality level to the high internal ambition level.
IT Supplier Management in Nordea is a cross-country organisation in the Nordics and Poland, and we are specialised in supporting the efforts to achieve most 'value for money' from Nordea's external IT suppliers. We work with Nordea's existing and future suppliers by best-in-class sourcing processes to create great customer experiences.
You will be given a chance to develop professionally and work on many different projects with a demanding and international stakeholder environment and a global supplier base. As such you are expected to have some experience within the field of IT sourcing, negotiations and contracting. Ideally on a multinational level.
What you’ll be doing:
- Manage sourcing activities as project manager in order to ensure adherence with Nordea Sourcing Policy and Nordea Sourcing Toolkits - from initiation to fully handed over to the Sourcing Unit(s) for implementation
- Act as key contact and subject matter expert in Sourcing related activities towards Sourcing Unit(s) and Internal Partners in order to deliver business value
- Actively produce and promote ideas for sourcing projects/activities that will add value to Nordea or reduce Nordea´s costs based on a value chain perspective
- Develop tactical/strategic recommendations for decision by Steering Committee or other decision party in Nordea in order to ensure creation of optimal solutions for the Sourcing Unit.
- Proactively manage stakeholders of the sourcing activities to enable professional relationships internally and external to Nordea
The role is based in Gdynia, Poland. Welcome to a diverse team of procurement specialists that work as an integrated part of the Nordic organization, engaging with teams across the whole Nordea organisation on challenging IT projects.
Who are you?Collaboration. Ownership. Passion. Courage. The four key values that guide us in being at our best and that we expect all our colleagues to be committed to.
To build a successful career with us, you’ll work well with others and always act with the customer’s needs in mind. You love learning and trying new things, and you’re excited about bringing your ideas to the table. You’re honest and dependable, willing to speak up even when it’s difficult, and committed to empowering others. You’re passionate about doing a great job.
You have probably worked in an international company and are experienced with complex sourcing projects and/or category management in complex IT environments, and would like to take the next step in your career in an international financial company.
- Fluency in English (both in writing and speaking)
- Degree in Law, Business, Operations or Supply Chain Management
- Minimum 4 years of relevant experience ideally in an international multi stakeholder environment within purchasing, sales or similar
- Proven track record in sourcing/negotiating complex IT contracts
- Distinct people and business acumen, enabling you to develop an effective strategy for completing your tasks and influence suppliers and key stakeholders in the organisation
- It is a benefit if you have experience from international roles or working in an international company with a diverse culture and daily interaction with many different nationalities
If this sounds like you, we look forward to welcoming you to the team!
More information and send application
You have until 4 January 2018 to send us your application.
We believe that diversity improves team performance. Therefore, we strive to form teams with a mix of people of different genders and ages, and with different backgrounds and experiences.
Great people often know great people – please share if you have a friend who would love this job.
Please include permit for processing personal data in CV as following: “I give my permission for the processing of my personal data that is essential for the recruitment process in Nordea Bank AB branch in Poland, in accordance with the Act of 29.08.1997 on the Protection of Personal Data (Journal of Laws No. 133, item 883 amended)”.
We reserve the right to reply only to selected applications.