Senior Midrange Infrastructure Specialist, Gdynia
It’s an exciting time for you to join us. We aim to help our 11 million customers around the world improve their lives and reach their goals. To do that, we are shaping the digital transformation of banking to improve the services we deliver. Interested in coming on the journey with us?
As a Senior Midrange Infrastructure Specialist, you’ll involve working with one of the biggest server farms in the Nordic region.
The angle of approach is that the current setup will have to looked at from all angles to find the right way to go forward to optimize of IT Infrastructure and reduce all kinds of associated cost.
Your main responsibilities will include:
- As rightsizing expert, you will have to know more than the rest and your job is to challenge the existing situation and work with the customers and the engineering team to provide a more sustainable future.
- The job will require deep dives into databases (Oracle, SQLServer, etc), applications framework (JVM, Weblogic, Java, WAS).
- Planning and execution is a big element in the way we want to work – the server platforms are vital for Nordea and the planning will need a lot of attention for compliance and best practices.
- To challenge capacity planning and cost cutting approach in place by using analytics and behaviour regulation.
- The implementation of best practices will be part of the job and like all changes it will be a key personal asset to live with intense technical discussion and finding conclusions together through the fact-finding approach.
The role is based in Gdynia, Poland. Welcome to an Infrastructure Rightsizing team.
Who are you
Collaboration. Ownership. Passion. Courage. The four key values that guide us in being at our best and that we expect all our colleagues to be committed to.
To build a successful career with us, you’ll work well with others and always act with the customer’s needs in mind. You love learning and trying new things, and you’re excited about bringing your ideas to the table. You’re honest and dependable, willing to speak up even when it’s difficult, and committed to empowering others. You’re passionate about doing an excellent job.
You are focused on customer relations and comfortable in reaching out to customers as well as colleagues.
Your background in the following areas:
- Databases engineer expert knowledge (mainly Oracle).
- Application engineering (Weblogic, WAS, JVM, Java).
Good to have engineering experience in the following:
- Windows Server
If this sounds like you, we look forward to welcoming you to the team!
You have until 31st of December 2017 to send us your application.
We believe that technical diversity improves team performance. Please include permit for processing personal data in CV: “I give my permission for the processing of my personal data that is essential for the recruitment process in Nordea Bank AB branch in Poland, in accordance with the Act of 29.08.1997 on the Protection of Personal Data (Journal of Laws No. 133, item 883 amended)”.
We reserve the right to reply only to selected applications.
Great people often know great people – please share if you have a friend who would love this job.
To all recruitment agencies Please note, we don’t accept unsolicited resumes for any of our positions. All contact regarding agency resumes should be directed to Nordea Talent Acquisition handling everything related to recruitment.