Application Manager, Gdańsk
Do you want to be part of one of the most exciting efforts going on within Nordea? Do you want to join a high performing Nordic unit, working at the fore-front in fighting financial crime?
We are now welcoming an experienced Application Manager to contribute with your skills and engagement in managing application ownership capabilities in Nordea’s continued fight against financial crime.
The position we offer
As Application Manager, you will secure that the Financial Anti-Crime Platform (FACP) and other AML solutions are maintained and supported at the expected level of quality and costs. This will require strong partnership with stakeholders across Nordea and in Group AML & Sanctions. You are acting as a bridge between IT and Business, understanding the needs of both, and you will also be a reference point for IT and Business for a specific area and projects belonging to that area.
In this role, you will:
- Drive and execute on Application strategy, risks, audits, plans, SLA’s and IT security.
- Work closely together with our Business Release Manager securing and developing our Release processes towards more agile principles.
- Take decisions for change, project gate passing and releases.
- Be escalation point via User Support for Application problems.
- Be the point of contact for business units.
- Drive initiatives or act as business partner in projects that impacts the platform.
- Work closely with stakeholders to
improve and train them in processes for the application.
You will become part of the GAS Application Management (AM) subunit where we are accountable for the Financial Anti-Crime Platform system which is used by the Know Your Customer (KYC), Transaction Monitoring (TM) and Sanction Screening units (SSU). We are also accountable and responsible for incidents and user support management as well as business release management.
The position is located in Gdańsk, Poland and requires some travel.
The qualifications you need
We are looking for an experienced Application Manager used to managing stakeholders in business and IT regarding complex and critical applications.
Your background covers:
- At a minimum a Master degree in Information Technology/Computer Science or Finance/Economics.
- 5 years’ working experience within Application Management and/or Release Management and/or as a Business application owner.
- Working processional with stakeholder management.
- Experience of establishing and continually improving agile working processes.
- Experience in the banking or financial sectors.
When it comes to your personal qualities, we believe that:
- You are a driver who demonstrates great leadership qualities; with the ability to execute responsibilities through individual and team work (e.g. lead a task force, chair forums).
- You are structured and result-oriented, with the ability to manage and plan multiple objectives.
- You ensure that established business processes are followed within the organisation, you actively improve processes as well as build new ones.
- You are able to define and maintain Business Release Processes with focus on agile principles.
- You are able to build and handle the maintenance of Application Service Level Agreement (SLA) towards various stakeholders.
- You have great prioritization and objection handling skills and strong analytical skills.
- You enjoy building strong stakeholder relationships, demonstrate cultural awareness and are able to work in a fluid and multicultural environment.
- You have advanced oral and written communication skills.
- You are a team player – aiming at
keeping focus in a busy and fun working environment.
If you have experience in the AML, regulatory or sanctions areas it will be considered an advantage.
More information and send application
Welcome with your application no later than 17th of December, 2017.
For more information about this position, please contact David Aixa Christensen at (+45) 30601412.
Please include permit for processing personal data in CV as following: “I give my permission for the processing of my personal data that is essential for the recruitment process in Nordea Bank AB branch in Poland, in accordance with the Act of 29.08.1997 on the Protection of Personal Data (Journal of Laws No. 133, item 883 amended)”.
We reserve the right to reply only to selected applications.