IT Team Leader in Java Backend Applications Development team, Gdynia or Warsaw
Workplace: Gdynia or Warsaw - we are looking for two Team Leaders, one will be located in Gdynia and another one in Warsaw
Your leadership skills are needed to Change the Bank!
Nordea IT has started an exciting transformation. We want to exceed our customer expectations by becoming more agile, increasing efficiency and creating greater coherence across IT. As a first step, we have created a newly established Banking Technology unit organized around professional capabilities, combined with a more agile execution model based on SAFe which allows us to react quickly to business needs and work more closely with the business. We are looking to complete our leadership teams – are you ready to be a leader for us?
Within Banking Technology, we are the engine: Technology Capabilities. We are responsible for the solutions that change the bank, balancing new innovation with existing legacy and managing the responsibilities of the regulatory bodies.
We focus on uplifting our professional IT capabilities: change execution, requirements management, software architecture, software development, quality assurance, engineering system and strategic execution. Are you the one who can help Nordea increase our organisational maturity by taking responsibility of uplifting the competence and motivation of our IT professionals?
We are looking for a strong leader, who enjoys working with people and processes in a highly complex environment context.
The position we offer
As a team leader in Backend Applications team you will have a unique opportunity for you to take the next step in your managerial career. We are looking for a colleague to join our team and be a part of building up our new IT organization covering IT development competencies.
You will, among other important tasks, be responsible for:
- Improving Banking Technology’s capability, eg: plan and execute uplift inside your capability
- Driving continuous improvement and best practices within as well as across the teams
- Understanding and addressing IT skills needs in the team
- Making and implementing operational plans and setting targets for the team as well as for each employee.
- Providing timely and well-documented feedback, coaching and performance assessment
- Handling risk issues and ensuring compliance with regulatory and governance requirements
The qualifications you need
Expected skills include:
- Educational background relevant to Bachelors/Master's degree or the equivalent experience
- Several years of leadership experience within an IT company
- Very good level of English
- Strong leadership and management skills
- Good knowledge about backend development, mainly related to Java technologies
- Strong communication skills
- Accountability and proactivity
- Agile, Scrum SAFe skills
Motivation and willingness to learn something new every day is the mind-set we are looking for in the potential candidates – and to be able to communicate that across teams to improve everyone’s performance. We focus on each employee’s professional development and combine personal development plans with suitable tasks and necessary education.
- A full-time position based on an employment contract
- Possibility to participate in training programs enhancing your qualifications
- An incentive package that includes a medical services package for you and your family, a sports card, cinema tickets funding, a possibility to join a corporate life insurance scheme
- Access to Employee Pension Scheme
More information and send applicationPlease include permit for processing personal data in CV as following: “I give my permission for the processing of my personal data that is essential for the recruitment process in Nordea Bank AB branch in Poland, in accordance with the Act of 29.08.1997 on the Protection of Personal Data (Journal of Laws No. 133, item 883 amended)”.
We reserve the right to reply only to selected applications.