Project Manager - Banking technology, Warsaw
Nordea is the leading financial institution in the Nordic region, with over 30,000 employees. The Nordea Group works in accordance with three key values, “One Nordea Team”, “Great Customer Experiences” and “It’s all about people”, to support the vision “A great European bank, acknowledged for its people, creating superior value for customers and shareholders.”
Can you drive and coordinate deliveries and plans and do you have strong communication skills combined with disciplined structure to ensure successful delivery according to agreed scope, cost, time?
Are you an awesome facilitator and can support the team?
Change Execution Unit is currently looking for highly competent leaders, who matches the profile of an Agile Coach or project manager.
The position we offer
As a Project Manager you will be involved in several ongoing and upcoming initiatives within compliance, simplification and digitalization and your main focus will be on the deliveries within our domain.
You have a solid understanding of IT Project Management and experience of working with distributed development teams. You are team player who can cultivate the best performances by contributing members. You have a holistic approach, great attention to detail, a strong drive and are structured and result-oriented. You are an excellent communicator, and have good problem-solving skills. You will drive the delivery processes and ensure quality in our deliveries, always with a high focus on planning and transparency of change to scope, cost and time. Your tasks will include planning, following up on how the project deliveries are progressing, keeping stakeholders informed and coordinating estimates and deliveries - constantly focusing on the execution process.
Your journey will be challenging but also exciting. It will involve a lot of experiments and learning. We are committed to make it happen and we are willing to invest in it.
You will get some great colleagues, among them a bunch of awesome Project Managers and Agile Coaches. We insist on having fun while we make a difference. We help and learn from each other, we continuously improve, learn and grow.
Change Execution Unit is part of Change Organization within Banking Technology and is located in Denmark, Finland, Poland and Sweden. We support business partners across the whole of Nordea, which means that you can expect some travel.
The scope of responsibilities assigned to the position:
- Comprehensive management of banking projects with IT elements
- Projects will cover Nordic region
- Planning, executing, monitoring and closing projects including quality assurance and risk management
- Creating and managing project budgets
- Tracking progress of tasks against agreed estimates
- Leading and managing virtual project teams
- Engaging with stakeholders and managing internal/external relationships
- Conducting status review meetings with team members and stakeholders
- Providing reports and documentation on project stage and progress
- Leading the Agile teams
- Coaching and helping teams
- Ensuring Agility in particular initiatives
Come join us and help shape the future.
The qualifications you need
We offer variety of different roles in the initiatives we are involved in. Therefore we expect you to be able to tick off most of the listed values below.
We expect from the candidate:
- At least three years project management experience in IT, preferably in a financial sector
- PMP or Prince 2 Practitioner certificate is an advantage
- Scrum Master and/or Agile Project Management experience, SAFe knowledge
- Servant Leader – Must be able to garner respect from his/her team and be willing to get their hands dirty to get the job done
- Conflict resolution - Must be able to facilitate discussion and facilitate alternatives or different approaches
- Attitude of empowerment - Must be able to lead a team to self-organization
- Focus on continual improvement - Must continually be growing one’s craft learning new tools and techniques to manage oneself and a team
- Excellent communication skills
- Experience in facilitating – Must be able to lead and demonstrate value-add principles to a team
- Strong interpersonal skills, respecting cultural differences
- Enthusiasm – Must be high-energyRisk management skills
- Negotiation skills
- Solid stakeholder management skills with a consultative approach
- Professional level of spoken and written English
- A bachelor's degree or similar is preferred
- Knowledge of banking industry is an advantage
We expect a lot from our new colleagues,in return you get to work with great people in an inspiring and highly ambitious environment that will define the future of banking in Nordea.
- Opportunity to participate in ambitious international IT projects
- Access to the latest high-tech solutions and opportunity to specialize in other technologies
- Exciting projects in your own responsibility with diverse challenges
- Wonderful team spirit and a great working atmosphere in a friendly team
- Modern and friendly work environment with open door policy
- Possibility to participate in training programs enhancing your qualifications
- Full Time position based on an employment contract
- Competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package
- An incentive package that includes a medical services package for you and your family
- Sports card
- Catering and cinema tickets funding
- A possibility to join a corporate life insurance scheme
- Access to Employee Pension Scheme
- Relocation package option
- Comprehensive training program supporting qualifications enhancement
More information and send applicationPlease include permit for processing personal data in CV as following: “I give my permission for the processing of my personal data that is essential for the recruitment process in Nordea Bank AB branch in Poland, in accordance with the Act of 29.08.1997 on the Protection of Personal Data (Journal of Laws No. 133, item 883 amended)”.
We reserve the right to reply only to selected applications.