Business Intelligence Developer, Gdynia
We are currently undergoing a major transformation to become the bank our customers want us to be. As part of this, we have started our journey to transform our existing payment platform to meet the needs of the future.
To support us in our ambitions, we are now looking for an experienced Business Intelligence Developer to join Transaction Banking IT. We need you who are eager to contribute in meeting needs to analyse complex information in a Big Data environment to improve Nordea’s agility.
When joining us in Nordea, you join one of the largest IT employers in the Nordics. We have the opportunity to impact 11 million customers with our solutions.
The position we offer
In Transaction Services, we are responsible for the Card Authorization and Clearing in Nordea, with full responsibility for the Card transaction flow. That means that all card transactions for Nordea cards pass through our systems.
We are also running solutions connected to the card transaction flow like Swish and Wrapp. Our responsibility area includes infrastructure related issues, monitoring solutions and specific card test environments for VISA and Master Card.
Working in the Transaction Services team, means working cross-border in a multi-cultural environment where you work towards the future together with skilled and dedicated people with different expertise. Together with your team, you will play an important role in developing IT solutions that enable create great experiences for our customers.
Your focus areas will be:
- Participate in aligning business requirements and developing Nordea’s future BI applications in close cooperation with stakeholders.
- Together with Business, Operations and IT teams contribute to the implementation of best practices and standards.
- Participate in development of domain BI solutions using Nordea’s BI software stack.
- Participate in development of domain information models, aligned with Nordea’s Big Data platform technology roadmap.
The position is located in Gdynia, the core of the team in Stockholm so some travelling will be needed.
The qualifications you need
We are looking for you who are passionate about Big Data and analytics.
- Are known for applying a proactive, open and flexible mind-set when cooperating with colleagues and stakeholders.
- Are analytically skilled with a broad view of business, and capable to participate in building next generation Big data and BI applications
- Possess the capability to fully appreciate the need for strategy and its capabilities, processes, governance and enabling technologies to understand the relevant business objectives and issues.
- Have the ability to zoom in and out – where you are able to consider the big picture as well as the details
- BI development experience gained within financial services or other technology environments, with experience of BI/Data modelling and implementation using a variety of techniques and tools.
- Experience of planning and deploying both business and IT initiatives and of working with business leaders and managers to define applications changes,
- Experience with complex (cross-border) change and transformation projects.
- Understanding of Hadoop infrastructure and its software stack; Sqoop, Hive, Spark, Oozie and so on ‘Mapreduce
- R and analytical skills
Finally, you have professional skills in written and spoken English and an academic degree in in computer science or other relevant area such as mathematics/physics.
By joining the Nordea team you will gain:
- Opportunity to participate in ambitious international IT projects
- Access to the latest high-tech solutions and opportunity to specialize in other technologies
- Exciting projects in your own responsibility with diverse challenges
- Wonderful team spirit and a great working atmosphere in a friendly team
- Modern and friendly work environment with open door policy,
- Room for your own idea and suggestions for improvement
- Possibility to participate in training programs enhancing your qualifications
- Full Time position based on an employment contract
- Competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package,
- An incentive package that includes a medical services package for you and your family,
- Sports card,
- Catering and cinema tickets funding,
- A possibility to join a corporate life insurance scheme
- Access to Employee Pension Scheme
- Relocation package option
More information and send applicationPlease include permit for processing personal data in CV as following: “I give my permission for the processing of my personal data that is essential for the recruitment process in Nordea Bank AB branch in Poland, in accordance with the Act of 29.08.1997 on the Protection of Personal Data (Journal of Laws No. 133, item 883 amended)”.
We reserve the right to reply only to selected applications.