Senior Risk and Compliance Officer, Gdynia
Make IT Risk and Compliance Management your business!
IT Risk & Compliance Solutions (ITRCS) orchestrate, implement and coordinates initiatives to align and augment the IT Risk and Compliance activities in a structured way through proactive remediation supporting all of Nordea’s IT.
The ITRCS ambition is to take on complex tasks and bring them from idea phase to realisation and in parallel continuously build structures and procedures that give Nordea IT management excellent qualitative support.
Our main responsibility covers:
- IT Risk Management
- Management of Internal Controls for IT processes
- Audit Management in IT
- Quality Assurance
It’s an exciting time for you to join us. We’re a changing company with big ambitions and together we’ll create the future of banking.
Working with us, you will play a part in building a better bank that fulfils a meaningful role in society. We aim to help our 11 million customers around the world improve their lives and reach their goals. To do that, we are embedding compliance across the organisation to ensure people can trust Nordea.
Interested in coming on this journey with us? Then please read on.
The position we offer
As an IT Risk and Compliance Officer in ITRCS you will be responsible for driving initiatives to ensure that prudent IT Risk management is performed.
You will be working in the 1st line of defence, where you will support our business in maintaining their operational IT risk. This will include working across the IT departments to identify, assess, analyse and monitor IT related risks to ensure compliance with our risk management policies and framework.
Your main responsibilities will be:
- Guide and support the organization to secure effective IT risk management and reaching required level of compliance to internal policies using our internal control framework.
- Communicate with all levels of management to ensure visibility of the Risk and Compliance management function
- Perform quality control and management according to implemented internal control processes and procedures. Report issues to management.
- Ensure consistent overview of mitigation plans and track progress. Drive escalation.
- Participate and drive relevant business, change management, risk and compliance management activities to ensure that knowledge is shared and that any tasks are adequately managed.
- Work as non-financial risk adviser supporting business in developing ethics and risk culture.
- Control and report regularly and ad hoc on business non-financial risk to ensure adequate and proactive non-financial risk management.
You will help the organization in maintaining a sustainable ethics and risk culture and in managing its operational risks; and to perform tasks to independently control and monitor risk and compliance as well as perform regular and ad hoc reporting.
You will work out from Nordea offices in Gdynia in Poland.
Some travel will be required.
The qualifications you need
Highly Self-driven with strong focus on driving change
You should have strong interest in being driver for activities and initiatives and play a central role in driving change as well as support the creation of a great customer experience.
- As IT Risk Officer we expect that you possess good communication skills and that you find it interesting and rewarding to work in a cross border Nordic organisation. The corporate language is English.
- You have a solid grounding in IT capability, IT processes and ITIL best practice.
- You are flexible and solution oriented, with a focus on quality and deliveries.
- You are a competent team player who finds it natural to share knowledge and ideas with colleagues and develop your networks both internally and externally.
- You hold a high working capacity and a solid track record of delivering qualitative solutions on time.
- It will be beneficial if you have knowledge and preferably practical experience with applying ITIL and COBIT frameworks and as well experience from process development and implementation.
- Formal certifications in CRISC, CISM, CISSP, ITIL, COBIT or similar will be to your advantage.
Knowledge or practical experience with ISO 27001/2 (or similar ISMS) are furthermore considered an advantage.
You are fluent in English, both written and spoken, well organized and work systematically
More information and send application
For further information regarding the position, contact Erling Karlin Jepsen Erling.K.Jepsen@nordea.com,
+45 61200603 or Reidar Bjerknes email@example.com by mail or phone +47 90844306
Please include permit for processing personal data in CV as following: “I give my permission for the processing of my personal data that is essential for the recruitment process in Nordea Bank AB branch in Poland, in accordance with the Act of 29.08.1997 on the Protection of Personal Data (Journal of Laws No. 133, item 883 amended)”.
We reserve the right to reply only to selected applications.