Senior Java Developer FRC IT, Gdańsk
Nordea Markets is the leading international capital markets operator and investment banking partner in the Nordic and Baltic Sea regions.
Nordea Markets rely on Capital Markets IT to provide technology that will allow the bank to stand strong and excel in this environment. We, Capital Markets IT, are developers, business analysts, architects, project managers and other technologists working all over the world.
Using leading edge technologies, we develop high performance real-time systems, processing a large number of transactions daily, and supporting hundreds of users distributed across our offices world-wide.
At the beginning of 2014 we have opened a new IT Development Centre office in Poland, Tricity. Our ambition is to become a leading Capital Markets development unit with top quality developers
Senior Java Developer
We are building Nordea Trading Technology next generation Middle Office IT solutions: Liquidity management, accounting, statutory reporting and controlling frameworks. This includes working accurately with large amounts of data in a timely manner, sometimes in real-time.
You will be part of an informal and strong development team building services and systems using Java and industry standard tools and methodologies. We use agile processes in small teams in close corporation with our business owners. Together with the team you will be responsible for the design, development and test of the new solution.
In front office, our colleagues make several thousands of trades a day. The solution that we are to build together with our business partners will support a newly re-engineered business process. The process requires a system that accurately controls and distributes the correct sales income to the different Customer Responsible Units in front office and in the branches around the world. The data that we generate will be exposed in different formats available to different downstream consumers.
The solution will be built in core Java. The data will be retrieved from a Kafka message bus, business logic will be applied, and data will be stored in Oracle DBs and exposed in dedicated APIs. Furthermore, data will be exposed in proper conformed dimensions via DataMart’s and OBIEE for business analysis. In addition, we will add a UI for our business partners to do adjustments to persisted data.
We want to establish a core team of Java developers that can form part of a scrum team starting the analysis together with our business partners, and move fast towards the actual implementation. The scrum team will consist of 4 Java developers, 1 test automation engineer, a scrum master and a product owner. A software architect will also be attached to the team.
Skills & Requirements:
- We are looking for a dedicated senior Java developer with:
- At least 3 years of experience working with modern Java frameworks and open source tools as well as methodologies
- At least 6 years of experience in software development
- Ability to work with RDBMS like Oracle (primarily SQL skills)
- Familiarity with build tools (maven) and source code repositories (Git)
- Experience with Apache Tomcat
- Solid knowledge about unit testing and TDD
- Experience in building data processing systems that handles large amounts of data and interfaces with multiple other systems reliably
- If you do not already have good capital markets domain knowledge, you will be required to acquire that within reasonable time.
- Fluency in oral and written English is a prerequisite
- A master’s degree in engineering, computer science or other relevant background
Furthermore you do have a proven track record on building java server applications of high quality in terms of: maintainability, supportability, correctness, testability, scalability, adaptability, security and performance.
- Stable employment conditions in international environment
- A chance to be a part of a new team
- Business trips to Copenhagen
- Agile project approach
- Challenging tasks
- Cafeteria benefits plan (life insurance, retirement program, sport card, private health care, cinema tickets)
- Possibility to increase your knowledge and skills (trainings, Pluralsight)
To apply for this position please send CV in English (including permit for processing personal data: I give my permission for the processing of my personal data that is essential for the recruitment process in Nordea Bank AB branch in Poland, in accordance with the Act of 29.08.1997 on the Protection of Personal Data (Journal of Laws No. 133, item 883 amended)).
We reserve the right to reply only to selected applications.