Head of Databases – Group Technology, Warszawa
Nordea is investing significant in IT Infrastructure and to ensure that we have the fundament for a digital bank and is now searching for the right person to steer the journey. With focus on a strategic view on IT Infrastructure and Database technology in particular we are looking for a leader who is motivated to this journey from our new offices in Warsaw.
Nordea’s overall ambition in the field is:
To optimize and consolidate into a resilient and high performing IT service landscape. Ensure that we have capacity for future growth. Evaluate current vendor engagement and change where it brings value to business. Build on standards to ensure fast deliveries of service.
The position we offer
As Head of Databases you will be reporting to the Head of Infrastructure of Nordea and will be responsible for designing and delivering upon the Infrastructure strategy. Your main priority will be to drive transformation, ensure that we bring our Database environment to the next level, as well as consolidating the current environments to ensure that we live up to the future standard.
You will lead a team of more than 20 highly skilled technicians and external contractors and work closely with all units in Infrastructure and in Group IT. You will also be Accountable for managing suppliers in ensuring they deliver quality services and meet all contractual obligations.
The qualifications you need
The successful candidate will show
- Strong knowledge and experience of managing a large company's IT Infrastructure
- Solid understanding of IT Service Delivery best practices and processes
- Experience of Transformation. You will need to be able to supplement your BAU expertise with a proven track record in delivering change within database services.
- As a person, you are persistent, dedicated and thrive with responsibility. You enjoy building synergies and competencies in a team.
- Strong people management experience with ability to motivate teams with diverse skill sets.
- Strong communicator with good English skills
Due to that your team will be based in both Poland and the Nordics, you shall expect travelling days.
More information and send application
Group Technology is a part of Group IT and are responsible for providing and operating a stable, cost effective and safe IT infrastructure to all line of business within Nordea. The organisation counts 1200 employees spread over the Nordic Region and Poland.
Please include permit for processing personal data in CV as following: “I give my permission for the processing of my personal data that is essential for the recruitment process in Nordea Bank AB branch in Poland, in accordance with the Act of 29.08.1997 on the Protection of Personal Data (Journal of Laws No. 133, item 883 amended)”.
We reserve the right to reply only to selected applications.