SAS Platform Administrator, Gdynia
Would you like to contribute in building, shaping and managing the SAS GRID platform in one of the largest banks in Europe?
We are now looking for SAS Platform Administrators (SPA’s) to dive into the exciting territory of SAS GRID. If you are passionate about meeting the future through new technology, this might be the next chapter of your career.
Welcome to join a dynamic and global environment where you will be working close to architects and infrastructure specialists, and participate in leading the future direction of the platform.
The position we offer
Based on your experience level, you will either be responsible for the operations and maintenance of the platform or work with the continued Infrastructure improvements, security and compliance as a Subject Matter Expert (SME).
You work in close relationship with architects and infrastructure specialists, and your focus areas will be to:
- Act as the interface between IT and the business for delivering new SAS Platform requirements.
- Provide guidance over changes to the SAS GRID being implemented in line with IT change boards.
- Communicate to user’s maintenance downtime and changes affecting the SAS Platform.
- Act as a liaison between SAS Support and the Business users when dealing with a specific SAS user issue/defect.
- Support IT in the deployment of new operational standards relating to SAS i.e. code repositories, backup scheduling etc.
On a daily basis work with various tenants where you help, assist guide and solve issues related with SAS GRID platform and peripheral integrations, including data and frameworks.
The position is located in Poland.
The qualifications you need
- The SPA role is a hands-on role that requires the SPA to be a “doer”.
- There is a need for good interpersonal skills and communication for being able to communicate between IT and the Business.
- Clearly articulate constraints, Risks and Issues and the impact of these on users and the business.
- Ability to work independently. Strong communication, technical teamwork and interpersonal skills are mandatory.
- An understanding of SAS Platform and SAS Metadata concepts.
- An understanding of Server and Storage Infrastructure.
- An understanding of Clustered Computing and Workload Management concepts.
- An understanding of server security and folders and how they relate to SAS folders and security.
- To have good knowledge of SAS configuration files such as autoexec, configuration and environment files.
- To understand how to Start and stop SAS servers and the impact of doing so.
- To have a good knowledge of LINUX Shell scripting (korn, bash etc).
- Good trouble shooting skills for debugging issues related to applications and infrastructure.
When it comes to your personal qualities, we believe that:
- You never do the same twice without considering automation.
- You are open minded, motivated, committed and a fast learner.
- You like to exchange ideas and listen to other ideas and suggestions.
- You have very good communication skills and are able to speak and relate to people from all parts and levels in the organisation.
More information and send applicationPlease include permit for processing personal data in CV as following: “I give my permission for the processing of my personal data that is essential for the recruitment process in Nordea Bank AB branch in Poland, in accordance with the Act of 29.08.1997 on the Protection of Personal Data (Journal of Laws No. 133, item 883 amended)”.
We reserve the right to reply only to selected applications.