Senior Java Developer, Gdańsk
In Counterparty & Financial Regulations IT we are looking for a Senior Java Developer to strengthen our team, and to join agile-driven development initiatives.
The position we offer
Counterparty & Financial Regulations IT currently delivers technology solutions for financial and counterparty reporting within Nordea. We are looking for a Senior Developer to fill a position in our expanding team in Poland.
As an IT Developer, you will be a key member of the team contributing to building the capability for managing the IT development solutions by enforcing Nordea development standards and technology strategy. Also, you will be responsible for managing the code quality and flexibility of systems and be a subject matter expert on our technology solutions.
You will be working with highly competent people who put professionalism on top of the agenda as well as an interest in constantly improving the way we work. We are working in a multinational environment with cross-border colleagues and outsourcing partners.
The team consists of 15 permanent employees based in the Nordic countries. We are looking to build an IT delivery team in Poland. You will have the opportunity to join a rapidly expanding team and department in Poland with excellent personal development opportunities.
Some travel will be required.
The qualifications you need
Development – General
- A solid understanding of object-orientation, especially regarding encapsulation and inheritance (implementation and interface)
- Preferably understand aspect-oriented programming and how frameworks such as Spring use it to achieve its functionality
- Have a firm understanding of good design, especially in terms of: Layering, modularization, separation of APIs and implementation to enable loose coupling, testability, information hiding and support code evolution
- Rule engine skills either using some kind of business role engine. In this case Drools
Development – Technologies, Tools and Frameworks
- Strong core Java competence, especially regarding generics, anonymous classes and knowing the JDK libraries. Solid Java EE competence - JPA, CDI
- Some knowledge of EJB, JMS, JNDI, JSP, JQuery
- A solid experience of working with O/R mapping tools, preferably Hibernate. In particular, how it implements and integrates with JPA, mapping files and mapping annotations, lazy vs. eager fetching
- A good understanding of writing efficient database queries (SQL, JPQL)
- Good knowledge of Spring and Spring MVC
- Have at least a reasonable experience working with WebLogic – deploying to, running code in, configuring
- Preferably experience with Jetty and embedded execution of code
- Knowledge of cron jobs
- Experience with ODS (Operational Data Stores)
- You also need the following skills:
- Agile development, Scrum
- Good communication skills
- Ability to be agile, flexible and pragmatic
- Strong quality focus and attention to detail
- Fluent in English (written and orally)
- On a daily basis you report to your Scrum Master about progress, what you're working on, any obstacles that prevent your progress in any way etc…
- You are expected to communicate and empower the teams in Bangalore, Mumbai and Stockholm with your personal skills and effort.
- You contribute to the team from planning and estimates, through development and test to secure the best way to deliver code to production and continuous deliveries.
More information and send applicationPlease include permit for processing personal data in CV as following: “I give my permission for the processing of my personal data that is essential for the recruitment process in Nordea Bank AB branch in Poland, in accordance with the Act of 29.08.1997 on the Protection of Personal Data (Journal of Laws No. 133, item 883 amended)”.
We reserve the right to reply only to selected applications.