Head of Development, Common platforms – Gdynia, Warsaw, Poland
Workplace: Gdynia, Warsaw
Nordea is on the exciting journey of simplifying and transforming our business and IT landscape. With our customers in focus, we aim to further develop the future relationship bank.
Nordea is a bank with a lot of data. Data is critical to our business and our customers. We harness the power of data to understand the needs of our customers provide our customers with a true digital experience through all our contact points with them and tailor our products to best meet their needs.
The position we offer
Common Platforms, build, test and deploy digital capability within Nordea’s Future IT structure. We are also responsible for the technology enabling the banks digital transformation; data, analytics, robotics, ML & AI. The Head of Development is responsible for managing the teams that deliver and maintain the platform.
The Head of Development will be an experienced engineer and someone who has progressed into a management role from hands on position. The Head of Development will understand the needs of the teams and be the person responsible for ensuring that the teams get the resources they need. The Head of Development is not a business facing role, but the role holder must be aware of business priorities and the impact and benefits future technology can bring to them.
- Leadership to the teams that develop and build the platforms in order to achieve continuous delivery of data, automation and insight processes
- Resource management for all of Common Platform engineering teams ensuring supply responds swiftly to business demand
- Recruit, build and motivate a brand new capability across Nordea Poland
- Represent Common Platforms locally in Poland as head of function both internally and externally
- Build a talent pipeline in Poland with HR and external partners
- Establish best practices in continuous delivery and deployment
- Manage budgets and accounting control process as required for senior leadership
The qualifications you need
You bring proven experience as technical leader and have excellent communication skills. Furthermore we expect that you have experience from leading globally distributed global teams and managing outsourced, consultancy and contract resource.
To be successful in this job the successful candidate is a complex problem solver and is a data driven thinker. We expect you to have solid grounding in Financial Services or similar Global business
Further qualifications needed:
- Agile Methodologies
- Cloud-based Infrastructure
- Continuous Development and Delivery
- Distributed systems, preferably open source frameworks
- Test Automation
- Matrix Management, Autonomous working
- Financial Control
- Vendor Management
More information and send application
Please include permit for processing personal data in CV as following: “I give my permission for the processing of my personal data that is essential for the recruitment process in Nordea Bank AB branch in Poland, in accordance with the Act of 29.08.1997 on the Protection of Personal Data (Journal of Laws No. 133, item 883 amended)”.
We reserve the right to reply only to selected applications.