Head of Testing, Common platforms – Gdynia, Warsaw, Poland
Workplace: Gdynia, Warsaw
Nordea is on the exciting journey of simplifying and transforming our business and IT landscape. With our customers in focus, we aim to further develop the future relationship bank.
Nordea is a bank with a lot of data. Data is critical to our business and our customers. We harness the power of data to understand the needs of our customers provide our customers with a true digital experience through all our contact points with them and tailor our products to best meet their needs.
The position we offer
Common Platforms, build, test and deploy digital capability within Nordea’s Future IT structure. We are also responsible for the technology enabling the banks digital transformation; data, analytics, robotics, ML & AI.
The Head of Testing will be responsible for defining and managing how Common Platforms approach and deliver testing for all components. They will be experienced in agile methodologies, with a focus on continuous improvement and delivery into complex, distributed infrastructures. They will define how testing is conducted with a mission to automate; what tools are used, what procedures are followed, and the design of the testing environments. They will build a testing team that works with the development and operations teams to achieve high-quality output through robust testing.
This is a key role for Nordea as we move towards continual deployment testing needs to evolve from a manual check box process to an engineered solution. The Head of Testing in Common Platforms with be the leader of this evolution.
- Define, communicate and implement testing strategy for Platforms, including tools, procedures, and methodologies.
- Build a function and teams responsible for testing components in Platforms, including regression testing and cross-platform, cross-function testing.
- Coordinate testing strategy and approach with other IT functions across Nordea.
- Define and implement KPIs that measure testing quality
- Take responsibility for ensuring all development tasks meet quality criteria through test planning, test execution, quality assurance and issue tracking
- Work closely with the DevOps team to define the optimal solution for testing and release process for all the products build on the Platform
- Assess and oversee opportunities of testing automation reducing effort and reducing repetitive but necessary tasks in a formalized testing process gaining resource time
The qualifications you need
You bring proven experience as technical leader and have excellent communication skills.
Furthermore we expect that you experience of leading a multi-environment technical testing team in a complex infrastructure as well as leading globally distributed global teams and managing outsourced, consultancy and contract resource.
To be successful in this job the successful candidate is a complex problem solver and is a data driven thinker especially when applying statistical methods to risk measurement of testing & release. We expect you to have solid grounding in Financial Services or similar Global business
Further qualifications needed:
- Strong engineering background, preferably development
- Testing tools, including tracking and automated tools
- Tracking and collaboration: JIRA, Atlassian, Git, Jenkins
- Deep experience in Agile Methodologies
- Cloud-based infrastructure
- Continuous Development and Delivery
- Test Automation
- Matrix management, autonomous working
- Financial Control
- Vendor Management
More information and send application
Please include permit for processing personal data in CV as following: “I give my permission for the processing of my personal data that is essential for the recruitment process in Nordea Bank AB branch in Poland, in accordance with the Act of 29.08.1997 on the Protection of Personal Data (Journal of Laws No. 133, item 883 amended)”.
We reserve the right to reply only to selected applications.