Database Specialist, Gdańsk
Nordea is looking for an ambitious and experienced Teradata Application DBA to perform and execute Data Warehouse administrator requests for Nordea's Common Data warehouse & STARS Treasury application.
The position we offer
We are looking for an experienced team member for an Application DBA team within a Data Warehouse environment – primarily using technologies around ETL, modelling, SQL, Data Attribute mapping, Teradata, UNIX and Data stage.
Candidates having Data Warehousing DBA skills experience with Financial Services background is our preference.
- Teradata DBA administration and implementation (5+ years)
- ITIL way of working in production support environment
- Work with geographically dispersed international teams
You will be working together with a large team of equally highly dedicated engineers and be responsible for running Common data warehouse Operations, Incidents/problems resolution , managing team backlogs, stakeholder management (Group Functions Information and Reporting, Group Functions IT, Data Engineering and Group IT), managing tracking and reporting and line/people management of technical specialists.
Your most important tasks include:
- Handling Application DBA requests for Nordea's Common data warehouse & STARS Treasury production environment on a day to day basis
- Interact with project teams working in an agile environment
- Work closely with System DBA's belonging to Nordea's Group IT
- Work closely with internal & external auditors to fulfil key security compliance requirements
The job requires shift work. You also may be required to work on weekends and holidays depending on predefined on call schedule.
- Full time position based on an employment contract
- Possibility to participate in training programs enhancing your qualifications
- An incentive package that includes a medical services for you and your family, a sports card, catering and cinema tickets funding, a possibility to join a corporate life insurance scheme
- Access to Employee Pension Scheme
The qualifications you need
We are looking for an experienced profile with 5+ years of experience from a similar environment preferably within financial sector.
Bachelors or Master's degree in computer science or equivalent.
You are a strong team member, visionary and a great communicator and are motivated for working in a dynamic and fast paced environment.
You are highly skilled within:
- Teradata Database administration
- SQL Performance Tuning and Optimization
- Data analysis
Managerial skills and experience will be an asset.
For the right candidate, there is great potential to grow within the GFIT into a senior DBA position.
More information and send applicationPlease include permit for processing personal data in CV as following: “I give my permission for the processing of my personal data that is essential for the recruitment process in Nordea Bank AB branch in Poland, in accordance with the Act of 29.08.1997 on the Protection of Personal Data (Journal of Laws No. 133, item 883 amended)”.
We reserve the right to reply only to selected applications.