Big Data Architect, Gdańsk
Workplace: Gdańsk, Poland
Wanted: Motivated Big Data Technologists!
You want: To join a team, where continuous learning is a virtue and you either already are an expert on Solution Architecture in Big Data area, or you are looking to become an expert.
We are: On a mission of simplifying and transforming our business and IT landscape and we need you to join our international Engineering team, to build our next core data platforms.
The position we offer
You will be working in Nordea’s Data Engineering team as a Big Data Solution Architect.
Here you’ll have a once in a lifetime opportunity to be a key part of building Nordea’s next core data platforms. You will work directly with product and operation expert across the bank to help enable innovation through continuous delivery across big data technology stacks, with deep hands on development and Devops skills.
You provide prescriptive guidance on Hadoop and NoSQL databases, RDBMS, micro--service architecture, security and engineering practices.
Key responsibilities include:
- Solution design and architecture of Big Data platforms and solutions, turning product roadmaps into production software products and applications
- Participate in deep architectural discussions to ensure successful product delivery, which fully align with platform strategy
- Be part of design authorities, governance and design review for projects delivered by in house development and external service partners.
- Improve software engineering processes associated with continuously building, deploying, and updating software and environments,
- Work closely with Development and Ops teams in a Continuous Delivery environment.
The qualifications you need
You are a natural in navigating in a complex environment.
We expect the ideal candidate to have extensive experiences in application development of mission critical systems from scratch in enterprise environment. You are a big data technologist who can lead by example.
- 10+ years experiences in Data analytics and business intelligence space.
- Expertise in various Big Data technologies, including Apache Spark, Kafka, NoSQL stores
- Strong interpersonal skills and proven track of driving solution design and architecture in enterprise environments.
- Hands on Scala / Java development experiences
- Extensive experiences in data integration on both Hadoop and traditional environments
- Demonstrated ability to adapt to new technologies and be a fast learner
- Data driven thinking capabilities
- Excellent communication skills and experience of distributed global teams
Knowledge about following, is a plus:
- Experience in implementing data security capabilities such as encryption, anonymisation is a big plus.
- Expertise in continuous integration, automation, containerisation to improve efficiency of the engineering team.
- Experience in work in international environment,
- Solid grounding in Financial Service,
Here’s the highlights of what you will gain by joining the Nordea Data Engineering team:
- Full time position with flexible work schedule and working from home office
- Access to the latest high-tech solutions and opportunity to specialise in other technologies
- Exciting projects in your own responsibility with diverse challenges
- Wonderful team spirit and a great working atmosphere in a friendly, international team
- An incentive package that includes a medical services package for you and your family
- Access to Employee Pension and life insurance Scheme
- Relocation package option
Remember we have made a wish list of skills, we build robots, but we hire people! Don’t hesitate applying!
More information and send application
Please include permit for processing personal data in CV as following: “I give my permission for the processing of my personal data that is essential for the recruitment process in Nordea Bank AB branch in Poland, in accordance with the Act of 29.08.1997 on the Protection of Personal Data (Journal of Laws No. 133, item 883 amended)”.
We reserve the right to reply only to selected applications.