Support Engineer Team Leader, Gdańsk
Workplace : Gdańsk, Poland
Wanted : Support Engineering Team Leader
You want : To join a team, where continuous learning is a virtue and you either already are an expert on Big Data and Application Support or you are looking to become an expert.
We are: On a mission of simplifying and transforming our business and IT landscape and we need you to join our international team of Support Engineers, to run our next core data platforms.
The position we offer
You will be working in Nordea’s Data Engineering team as a Support Engineering Team Leader. Here you’ll have a once in a lifetime opportunity to be a key part of designing and building Nordea’s next core data platforms.
As an Application Support engineer you are a problem solver with strong analytical and troubleshooting skills. You are keen on latest Big Data technologies, automation, Agile ways of working and DevOps concept. You are experienced in Application support within an agile environment. Experience in financial services would be ideal.
You will be responsible for managing a team of approx. 5 Support Engineers who operate and manage various Big Data applications.
Team responsibilities include:
- Provide L1/L2 Support
- Provide 24/7 on-call support
- Liaise with other application supports and internal/external business and technical partners
- Timely escalation of critical issues and proactively identify patterns of recurring issues to improve production
- Problem resolution and conduct root cause analysis and establish processes that will help incident prevention.
The qualifications you need
We expect the ideal candidate to have experience in managing Application Support teams with a strong focus on Linux and Databases. Experiences in Big Data and Hadoop are preferred.
Furthermore, you have:
- Data driven thinking capabilities
- Excellent communication skills and experience of distributed global teams
- Solid grounding in Financial Service
Here’s the highlights of what you will gain by joining the Nordea Data Engineering team:
- Full time position with flexible work schedule and working from home office
- Access to the latest high-tech solutions and opportunity to specialize in other technologies
- Exciting projects in your own responsibility with diverse challenges
- Wonderful team spirit and a great working atmosphere in a friendly, international team
- An incentive package that includes a medical services package for you and your family
- Access to Employee Pension and life insurance Scheme
- Relocation package option
Don’t hesitate applying! Remember we have made a wish list of skills, we build robots, but we hire people!
More information and send application
If you have questions regarding the position, please contact one of our Data Engineering team members: Tomasz Deregowski (firstname.lastname@example.org) or Derek Yeung (email@example.com)
Please include permit for processing personal data in CV as following: “I give my permission for the processing of my personal data that is essential for the recruitment process in Nordea Bank AB branch in Poland, in accordance with the Act of 29.08.1997 on the Protection of Personal Data (Journal of Laws No. 133, item 883 amended)”.
We reserve the right to reply only to selected applications.