Release Manager, Gdańsk
Workplace: Gdańsk, Poland
Wanted: Release Managers!
You want: To join a team, where continuous learning is a virtue and you either already are an expert on Release Management or you are looking to become an expert.
We are: On a mission of simplifying and transforming our business and IT landscape and we need you to join our international team of DevOps, to build our next core data platforms.
The position we offer
You will be working in Nordea’s Data Engineering team as a Release Manager. Here you’ll have a once in a lifetime opportunity to be a key part of building Nordea’s next core data platforms. You will be responsible for scheduling, coordinating and the management of releases for Big Data and Data Warehouse solutions within Nordea’s next generation Data Platforms.
Key responsibilities include:
- Negotiate, plan and manage all release activities,
- Implement and manage release processes for multiple applications through development, test, and production environments,
- Improve software engineering processes associated with continuously building, deploying, and updating software and environments,
- Work closely with Development, Test and DevOps teams in a Continuous Delivery environment.
The qualifications you need
You are a natural in navigating in a complex environment.
- Manage release scope and release schedule for multiple applications and ensure alignment across key stakeholders,
- Manage risks and resolve potential issues that could affect release scope, schedule and quality,
- Create requests for change (RFC) and obtain appropriate approvals,
- Coordinate Release Readiness reviews and Go/No-go reviews,
- Measure, monitor and validate releases progress to ensure efficiency and quality,
- Provide release coordination and communication during and after release,
- Manage relationships and coordinate work between different teams, projects and business,
- Continually work towards making improvements in the release process
Knowledge about following, is a plus:
- Solid understanding of project management principles,
- Advanced knowledge of software development lifecycle,
- Continuous Integration, Continuous Delivery and Infrastructure as a Code,
- Knowledge of Big Data concepts such as Hadoop ecosystem (particularly Cloudera) including streaming technologies,
- Experience in work in international environment,
- Solid grounding in Financial Service,
Here’s the highlights of what you will gain by joining the Nordea Data Engineering team:
- Full time position with flexible work schedule and working from home office
- Access to the latest high-tech solutions and opportunity to specialize in other technologies
- Exciting projects in your own responsibility with diverse challenges
- Wonderful team spirit and a great working atmosphere in a friendly, international team
- An incentive package that includes a medical services package for you and your family
- Access to Employee Pension and life insurance Scheme
- Relocation package option
Don’t hesitate applying! Remember we have made a wish list of skills, we build robots, but we hire people!
More information and send applicationPlease include permit for processing personal data in CV as following: “I give my permission for the processing of my personal data that is essential for the recruitment process in Nordea Bank AB branch in Poland, in accordance with the Act of 29.08.1997 on the Protection of Personal Data (Journal of Laws No. 133, item 883 amended)”.
We reserve the right to reply only to selected applications.