Solution analyst-engineer in application maintenance, Gdynia
Nordea is transitioning from being a traditional bank into being a technology company providing financial services. This is a great opportunity to be part of an exciting journey in transforming diverse payment technologies into one global solution.
We are looking for smart and highly passionate analysts-engineers to join our global payments maintenance team.
The position we offer
You will be in the leading area of application management and IT service delivery. Your experience will have a direct influence on the successful running of payment applications in production.
You will work in close cooperation with specialists, project managers, stakeholders, and vendors in a multinational team of top-tier professionals. You will participate in planning sessions and engage with developers, architects and product managers to deliver world-class customer experiences.
You are a highly skilled and passionate team member with a strong desire to learn, have strong professional competencies, and enjoy sharing your knowledge with your colleagues.
This is an operations role and we expect you to have experience in working on an application maintenance team. The tasks include widely understood 2nd line support, analysing and solving incidents and problems, supporting dress rehearsals and production deployments, participating in upgrades of surrounding systems to conduct risks & impacts analysis for the IT systems.
Incident management, problem management and change management are integral parts of the way we run services at Nordea, as well as optimisation, planning and preventive maintenance tasks.
By joining the Nordea team you will gain
- Opportunity to participate in ambitious international IT projects.
- Full Time position based on an employment contract.
- Comprehensive training program to prepare for this position.
- Work based on international standards using state-of-the-art tools.
- Possibility to participate in training programs enhancing your qualifications.
- An incentive package that includes a medical services package for you and your family, a sports card, catering and cinema tickets funding, a possibility to join a corporate life insurance scheme.
- Access to Employee Pension Scheme.
The qualifications you need
We expect you to have experience of working in large organisations with understanding of a wide range of enterprise solutions. Perfect candidate will present skills mentioned below:
- Ability to read, analyse and understand source codes (Java preferred but other major programming language is also fine) – no programming skills required.
- Database skills in the area of performance tuning and problem solving; Oracle is preferred but experience with MS SQL or similar is also welcome
- Desire to broaden your knowledge and learn every day something new (we use many tools and technologies, like WebLogic, WebSphere, Tomcat, Splunk, MQ, Exadata, Java Microservices, RESTful APIs, …)
It is additionally beneficial if you have worked in the banking / financial industry, especially with payments.
We are working in a Nordic environment and you will have colleagues in all Nordic countries. Therefore for you to succeed in this position you are a team player with good communication and interaction skills. You are confident in written and spoken English. Some travelling may be required (usually no more than 10-20% of your time).
More information and send applicationPlease include permit for processing personal data in CV as following: “I give my permission for the processing of my personal data that is essential for the recruitment process in Nordea Bank AB branch in Poland, in accordance with the Act of 29.08.1997 on the Protection of Personal Data (Journal of Laws No. 133, item 883 amended)”.
We reserve the right to reply only to selected applications.