Data Engineering Manager, Gdańsk, Warszawa
Workplace: Gdańsk, Warszawa
We are on the exciting journey of simplifying and transforming our business and IT landscape. With our customers in focus, we aim to further develop the future relationship bank. An exciting time lies in store for us and we are now inviting experienced tech leaders in data space to join our team.
The position we offer
You will be working in Nordea’s Data Engineering team as a Data Engineering Manager. Here you’ll have a once in a lifetime opportunity to be a key part of designing and building Nordea’s next generation BigData Platform.
As a Data engineering manager you provide leadership to the data engineering team. You drive the creation and management of the data engineering team in Poland. You understand the needs of the engineers, familiar with process and procedures in enterprise environment, and are responsible for the line management of the team. Reporting the Head of Platform Engineering, You manage the big data engineering teams based in Tri-city area in Poland.
Key responsibilities include:
- Managing the engineering teams (size of 20) based in Tri-city area in Poland,
- Driving the implementation of distributed and highly parallelized BigData processing pipeline which process massive amount of data (both structured and unstructured) in both batch and near real-time,
- Driving innovation and R&D of emerging technologies in BigData space,
- Implementing improvements of processes and systems, ensuring products, services and delivery chains meet customer needs and are compliant with regulations and policies,
- Automate processes where possible and are repeatable and reliable,
- Work closely with DevOps, QA and Product Management teams to deliver software in a Continuous Delivery environment.
The qualifications you need
We expect the ideal candidate to have extensive experiences in application development of mission critical systems from scratch in enterprise environment. You are a BigData technologist who can lead a team of talents by example.
- 10+ years experiences in Data Warehousing, analytics and business intelligence space,
- Expertise in various Big Data technologies, including Apache Spark, Kafka, NoSQL storages,
- Hands on Scala / Java development experiences
- Extensive experiences in data integration on both Hadoop and traditional environments
- Managed development team of size of 10+
- Experience in implementing data security capabilities such as encryption, anonymisation is a big plus.
- Expertise in continuous integration, automation, containerisation to improve efficiency of the engineering team.
- Data driven thinking capabilities
- Excellent communication skills and experience of distributed global teams
- Solid grounding in Financial Service
Don’t hesitate applying! Remember we have made a wish list of skills, we build robots, but we hire people!
More information and send applicationPlease include permit for processing personal data in CV as following: “I give my permission for the processing of my personal data that is essential for the recruitment process in Nordea Bank AB branch in Poland, in accordance with the Act of 29.08.1997 on the Protection of Personal Data (Journal of Laws No. 133, item 883 amended)”.
We reserve the right to reply only to selected applications.