Site Reliability Engineer, Gdansk
Nordea Markets is the leading international capital markets operator and investment banking partner in the Nordic and Baltic Sea regions.
Nordea Markets rely on Capital Markets IT to provide technology that will allow the bank to stand strong and excel in this environment. We, Capital Markets IT, are developers, business analysts, architects, project managers and other technologists working all over the world.
Using leading edge technologies, we develop high performance real-time systems, processing a large number of transactions daily, and supporting hundreds of users distributed across our offices world-wide.
At the beginning of 2014 we have opened a new IT Development Centre office in Poland, Tricity. Our ambition is to become a leading Capital Markets development unit with top quality developers.
Currently we are looking for:
Site Reliability Engineer
In the Site Reliability Engineering team, part of WB & CM IT Application Operations we are tasked with the responsibility of supporting the organization with engineering solutions. We work towards simplification, harmonization and automation, along with building and maintaining scalable and reliable services.
Our team is located in Denmark and Poland, supporting both the application development and application operations teams across WB & CM IT with the below services being the core:
Application Monitoring and Event Management
Automation of manual operation tasks
Continuous Delivery and Integration
Infrastructure Scalability and Robustness
Open source governance
Service Design, Service Transition and Service Operation
Part of our daily work is to use and maintain development, continuous delivery/ integration and application operations toolset. Continuously investigating new technologies is what we also spend our time on.
Our working methodology is a “3 – Angle” model through which we deliver new solutions through our “Factory”, we operate our tools in production through our Service and Self Service Desks and we provide “hands on” support and “on boarding” to our platform.
We work agile combining Scrum and Kanban and we are always open to new ideas and innovation.
We are looking for an energetic, innovative and service minded Site Reliability Engineer who is “Thinking Differently”, is technology savvy, gets pleasure through automation and enjoys challenges. Being a self-starter, ambitious and curious person are strong assets.
Maintain and operate our Continuous Delivery and Integration platform
Deliver new solutions through our “Factory” and interoperate them with existing
Ensure the operational stability of our tools and scalability of our infrastructure
Support our clients in production through our Service Desk function
Promote our platform and principles across the organization and support “hands on” on the on boarding of new clients
Support the on boarding of new tools and services in the SRE team
Be an ambassador towards engineering and automation principles across WB & CM IT
Support our clients with Service Design, Transition and Operation for business critical applications
Stable employment conditions in international environment
Business trips to Copenhagen
Agile project approach
Cafeteria benefits plan (life insurance, retirement program, sport card, private health care, cinema tickets, annual profit sharing)
Possibility to increase your knowledge and skills (external and internal trainings, Pluralsight)
The qualifications you need:
- You hold a Master’s degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, Computer Engineering or Information Technology
- You have at least 4-5 years of work experience as an SRE or DevOps preferably at a large organization, supporting the design and operation of business critical applications
- Knowledge on the financial services domain is considered a strong advantage but not a prerequisite.
- Experience on supporting clients is desired
- Experience working with Scrum and/or Kanban
- Experience with most of the below technologies and tools:
Docker, Puppet, Vagrant, Mongo DB, Cassandra, Ansible + Ansible Tower, Rundeck , Consul, JIRA, Confluence, Bitbucket, Cribible/FishEye, SonarQube, Artifactory, Bamboo, ITRS Geneos, Splunk, AppDynamics and/or BlackDuckHub
- Experience with at least one of the following: Node.js, Angular, Python, Golang or Shell-Scripting
- Experience with Windows and Linux
- Experience working with APIs achieving automation and interoperability
- Experience with database along with backup and restore procedures for Oracle and PostgreSQL
- Experience with setting up failover instances complemented with relevant documentation (TRRDs)
- Experience with creating high quality documentation, data modelling and user guides
- Experience in application monitoring and application self-healing best practises
- Experience with troubleshooting, incident and problem management
- Experience with distributed systems is an advantage
- ITIL foundation certificate is an advantage
- IT compliance knowledge is an advantage
- Fluent English
More information and send application:
To apply for this position please send CV in English (including permit for processing personal data: I give my permission for the processing of my personal data that is essential for the recruitment process in Nordea Bank AB branch in Poland, in accordance with the Act of 29.08.1997 on the Protection of Personal Data (Journal of Laws No. 133, item 883 amended)).
We reserve the right to reply only to selected applications.