Production Support Engineer, GdanskNordea Markets is the leading international capital markets operator and investment banking partner in the Nordic and Baltic Sea regions.
Nordea Markets rely on Capital Markets IT to provide technology that will allow the bank to stand strong and excel in this environment. We, Capital Markets IT, are developers, business analysts, architects, project managers and other technologists working all over the world.
Using leading edge technologies, we develop high performance real-time systems, processing a large number of transactions daily, and supporting hundreds of users distributed across our offices world-wide.
At the beginning of 2014 we have opened a new IT Development Centre office in Poland, Tricity. Our ambition is to become a leading Capital Markets development unit with top quality developers.
Production Support Engineer
Wholesale Banking & Capital Markets IT has some exciting vacancies in our IT Operations - Production Engineering team for our Back Office Safekeeping and Settlement systems.
- You will be responsible for maintaining a high level of production stability for our clients, by automating critical tasks and establishing detailed monitoring using the latest toolsets.
- You will also be responsible for release engineering, and engaging in Incident and Problem Management.
- As part of Problem Management, you will be part of root cause analysis work, and ensuring that corrective remediating actions to business logic are implemented by the development team.
- You will help us by ensuring that all of our reactive operations work is replaced by an engineered proactive solution.
- You will help build our Knowledge Management System, and ensure that Level 1 support is handed over to our Service Desk.
- You will be client facing, meaning that you will be interacting with internal clients, so it’s important that you have an interest in learning our business.
- You will be trained to ITIL v3 Foundation level and also on our internal production processes and IT Service Management tools.
- You will work closely with our Site Reliability Engineering team, and use the latest technologies such as ITRS Geneos, AppDynamics, Splunk, Docker and much more, to keep our bank running to the highest standards.
- Manage communications with clients, IT Development and IT Operations peers
- Automate our operations tasks
- Build detailed end to end monitoring of IT and business events
- Engage in Incident Management to restore systems
- Engage in Problem Management and Root Cause Analysis to understand why an incident happens, and remediate
- Help us ensure that our IT Strategy is aligned with future business needs
- Help us build the future digital bank
- A chance to learn about the exciting world of Capital Markets and Wholesale Banking
- Stable employment conditions in international environment
- A chance to be a part of a new team
- Challenging tasks
- Cafeteria benefits plan (life insurance, retirement program, sport card, private health care, cinema tickets)
- Possibility to increase your knowledge and skills
The qualifications you need:
- You enjoy interacting with clients and peers
- You understand the need for best practice frameworks, such as ITIL
- You enjoy scripting and automation in Windows, Linux and Unix
- You want to get your hands dirty with the latest monitoring tools
- You have a passion for problem solving
- You enjoy working in an international environment, where English is the primary language
- You are ready to travel occasionally, if your assignment requires it
Good to have:
- GoldenSource Workbench - suite of proprietary applications to troubleshoot rules, workflows and data flow
- Deployment of client packages using automated tools
- Scripting knowledge
- Knowledge and practical experience of event monitoring
More information and send application:
To apply for this position please send CV in English (including permit for processing personal data: I give my permission for the processing of my personal data that is essential for the recruitment process in Nordea Bank AB branch in Poland, in accordance with the Act of 29.08.1997 on the Protection of Personal Data (Journal of Laws No. 133, item 883 amended)).
We reserve the right to reply only to selected applications.