AML TM Scenario Engineer (under recommendation policy) In Group AML and Sanctions (GAS), Łódź
For Group Anti Money Laundering (AML) and Sanctions, we are now looking for Transaction Monitoring Scenario Engineers. Bring your talent and engagement to work in an international and dynamic environment at the forefront of the fight against financial crime.
AML TM Scenario Engineer
In Group AML and Sanctions (GAS)
This is a unique opportunity to become a part of an area in which Nordea is investing heavily and where your work will truly make a difference.
The position we offer
With Group AML and Sanctions – TM development, you join a team that is delivering the ongoing enhancement of the Nordea’s AML controls. The team facilitates metrics led conversations, informed by great analytics, to help business areas see, understand and manage the risk they have in their customer and product books. As a Scenario Engineer, you will be responsible for designing transaction monitoring scenarios for the banks AML Transaction Monitoring system, BAE NetReveal.
- Work with business analysts in the team, as well as IT, to design and deliver new Transaction Monitoring scenarios using NetReveal EIM Scenario Manager
- Use industry standard techniques to model risk tolerance into the new scenarios, and calculate thresholds using advanced mathematical techniques
- Support IT to ensure performance of the scenarios (above and below the line testing)
- Prepare documentation including, analysis results, test cases and functional specifications
The qualifications you need
- 1 year previous experience as a scenario developer using BAE NetReveal EIM and Scenario Manager (ver 6 and above) or 3 years previous experience doing the same with other leading transaction monitoring systems (e.g. Mantas, Actimize, SAS), ideally with a large financial institution
- 1 year proven and progressive experience in financial services data analysis or application development; AML Compliance specific experience preferred
- Bachelor’s degree in a numerate or computer science field or equivalent experience
- Excellent English skills (both spoken and written)
- Strong analytical skills required to organize and analyze multiple, complex data sets to deliver meaningful business outcomes, as well as strong interpersonal, organizational, communication and creative thinking skills
- Proficient understanding of banking data e.g. transactions, products and customer data
- General understanding of market place AML issues and AML suspicious activity transaction monitoring systems, data mining/analytical tools is helpful
Technical qualifications you need:
- IBM DB2, SAS, R, Python, Hadoop, MS Access and MS Excel (advanced functions) to query and analyze large data sources
- Strong database skills (advanced data sets, statistical functions and methods, pivot tables)
As a person, you:
- Are able to quickly grasp and understand business unit specific AML risks, develop comprehensive designs from documented user requirements, and provide recommendations for appropriate automated solutions to mitigate those risks
- Show great analytical skills required to organize and analyze multiple, complex data sets to deliver meaningful business outcomes
- Are known for being skilled in communicating and cooperating with colleagues and stakeholders, as well as for being creative and structured
- Stable employment conditions on the basis of full-time job contract
- Competitive salary, corresponding to your professional experience
- Cafeteria benefits plan (e.g. private health care, sport card, lunch subsidy, cinema tickets)
- Work in an international & dynamic environment
- A chance to be a part of a new team
- Opportunity to increase your knowledge and skills
More information and send applicationPlease include permit for processing personal data in CV in English as following: “I give my permission for the processing of my personal data that is essential for the recruitment process in Nordea Bank AB branch in Poland, in accordance with the Act of 29.08.1997 on the Protection of Personal Data (Journal of Laws No. 133, item 883 amended)”.
We reserve the right to reply only to selected applications.