Financial Data Scientist in Group AML and Sanctions (GAS), Łódź
For Group Anti Money Laundering and Sanctions (GAS), we are now looking for Data Scientists. Bring your talent and engagement to work in an international and dynamic environment at the forefront of the fight against financial crime. This is a unique opportunity to become a part of an area in which Nordea is investing heavily and where your work will truly make a difference.
Financial Data Scientist
in Group AML and Sanctions (GAS)
With Group AML and Sanctions – TM development, you join a team that is delivering the ongoing enhancement of the Nordea’s AML controls. The team facilitates metrics led conversations, informed by great analytics, to help business areas see, understand and manage the risk they have in their customer and product books.
The position we offer
As a Financial Data Scientist, you will leverage your deep understanding of advanced data analytics, risk modelling and machine learning techniques to support the development and delivery of leading edge enhancements to Nordea’s AML Transaction Monitoring environment.
- Deliver AML risk analytics to support the business and help optimize system controls across AML transaction monitoring
- Participate in the development of new analytical tools to support identification and investigation of AML TM risks
This includes involvement in AML TM Segmentation, risk based tolerances and sampling methodologies, standards for scenario threshold tuning (Above the Line and Below the Line testing), TM critical data elements data profiling methodology and standards, alert scoring and event triage, alert enrichment, AML related MI and reporting.
The position can be located in Norway or Poland.
The qualifications you need
- Bachelor’s degree in a numerate or computer science field or equivalent experience
- At least 3 years of experience in a similar position for financial institution
- Experience in application development; AML Compliance specific experience preferred
- Excellent English language skills (both spoken and written)
- Previous experience of working on mathematical models to calculate risks (e.g. KYC customer risk assessment, credit risk, liquidity risk)
- Good understanding of market place AML issues and AML suspicious activity transaction monitoring systems
- Ability to quickly grasp and understand business unit specific AML risks, develop comprehensive user requirements and provide recommendations for appropriate automated solutions to mitigate those risks
- Knowledge of retail, wholesale and correspondent banking products and services
- Practical knowledge of data mining/analytical tools is an asset
- Ability to grasp and understand business unit specific AML risks, interpret comprehensive user requirements, and provide recommendations for appropriate automated solutions to mitigate those risks
- Great analytical skills required to organize and analyze multiple, complex data sets to deliver meaningful business outcomes
- Known for being skilled in communicating and cooperating with colleagues and stakeholders, as well as for being creative and structured
Technical qualifications you need:
- IBM DB2, SAS, R, Python, Hadoop, MS Access and MS Excel (advanced functions) to query and analyze large data sources
- Strong database skills (advanced data sets, statistical functions and methods, pivot tables)
- Stable employment conditions on the basis of full-time job contract
- Competitive salary, corresponding to your professional experience
- Cafeteria benefits plan (e.g. private health care, sport card, lunch subsidy, cinema tickets)
- Work in an international & dynamic environment
- A chance to be a part of a new team
- Opportunity to increase your knowledge and skills
More information and send application
Please include permit for processing personal data in CV in English as following: “I give my permission for the processing of my personal data that is essential for the recruitment process in Nordea Bank AB branch in Poland, in accordance with the Act of 29.08.1997 on the Protection of Personal Data (Journal of Laws No. 133, item 883 amended)”.
We reserve the right to reply only to selected applications.