DevOps Engineer, Gdańsk
Would you like to work with skilled, international teams in a fast-paced, inspiring working environment and play a part in making us truly digital? We are now looking for a DevOps Engineer for Development Team in Gdańsk.
In Nordea, we’re harnessing the power of technology to reinvent the future of banking. A tech revolution is underway – and you can make an impact. Though we’re a Nordic bank, we’re also a large IT employer in Tricity and Warsaw. Working with international teams in an inspiring working environment, you’ll have lots of opportunities to expand your skills and advance your career.
About this opportunity
As the DevOps Engineer, you’ll play a valuable role in our agile, cross-functional team of talented and very skilled people, working closely with the business teams.
What you’ll be doing:
- Working at Nordea office in Gdansk and participate in deliveries supporting derivatives trading for the trading floor
- Be part of a team responsible for supporting and delivering new risk calculation system for our traders, based in a Cloud and Grid (HPC) architecture, including some of the state-of-the-art technologies
- Creating highly scalable and dynamic systems allowing our partners in the trading area to react with speed on new business opportunities and on demands from new regulation
- You will need good interpersonal skills, as well as good technical knowledge to be able to communicate technical issues in an accurate manner to colleagues and business alike. This role does expect some overtime work
The role is based in Gdańsk.
Who you are
Collaboration. Ownership. Passion. Courage. These are the values that guide us in being at our best – and that we imagine you share with us.
To succeed in this role, we believe that you:
- are goal oriented, a self-starter, able to navigate a large organisation
- know Docker well and automation is a natural part of your mindset
- have experience in automating tasks with Ansible, as well as have hands-on experience with MQ management (Preferably with RabbitMQ)
- know Atlassian stack well and you have Linux scripting experience, installing new software and automation that different tasks require, as well as you understand software development principles
Your experience and background:
- You speak and write English fluently
- You have confidence reading and understanding Java, Python and MS VC (C++)
- You have at least 2 years’ experience in similar position
- Following would be considered an asset:
- Good knowledge and experience with OpenShift
- Experience in programming in Java and/or Python, administering Windows servers (2008, 2012), SQL (Oracle, MS SQL), Oracle Coherence or Redis, as well as experience in agile development
- Science or engineering educational background
- Knowledge and experience in risk and/or trading systems
If this sounds like you, get in touch!
Submit your application no later than 8 November 2019.
At Nordea, we know that an inclusive workplace is a sustainable workplace. We deeply believe that our diverse backgrounds, experiences, characteristics and traits make us better at serving customers and communities. So please come as you are.
Please include permit for processing personal data in CV as following:
In accordance with art. 6 (1) a. Regulation (EU) 2016/679 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 27 April 2016 on the protection of natural persons with regard to the processing of personal data and on the free movement of such data, and repealing Directive 95/46/EC (General Data Protection Regulation) hereinafter ‘GDPR’. I agree to have: my personal data, education and employment history proceeded for the purposes of current and future recruitment processes in Nordea Bank Abp Branch in Poland.
The administrator of your personal data is: Nordea Bank Abp Branch in Poland, Aleja Edwarda Rydza Śmiglego 20, 93-281 Łodź. Your personal data will be processed for the recruitment processes in Nordea Bank Abp Branch in Poland. You have a right to access your personal data, right to rectify and right to delete. Disclosing the personal data in the scope specified by the provisions of Polish Labour Code from 26 June 1974 and executive acts are mandatory. Providing additional personal data is voluntary however necessary to conduct the recruitment processes. The request for the deletion of your personal data means resignation from further participation in recruitment processes and causes the immediate removal of your application. Detailed information concerning processing of your personal data can be found at: http://nordea.pl/odo.pdf
We reserve the right to reply only to selected applications.