Nordea KYC Specialist, Large Corporations - Tallinn, Estonia
exciting time for you to join us. We’re a changing company with big ambitions
and together we’ll create the future of banking.
with us, you will play a part in building a better bank that fulfils a
meaningful role in society. We aim to help our 11 million customers around the
world improve their lives and reach their goals. To do that, we are embedding
compliance across the organization to ensure people can trust Nordea.
in coming on the journey with us?
We are expanding the team of KYC specialists in Estonia.
As a KYC Specialist for Large Corporations, you will work as part
of the dedicated Customer Due Diligence Analytics team concentrating on
Nordea’s largest corporate and institutional customers. The team is responsible
for key elements of the Know Your Customer (KYC); Anti-Money Laundering /Counter
Terrorist Financing (AML/CTF) value chain.
For the Bank to be able to
assess the customer risk, your tasks would include gathering the supportive
customer information, assess Politically Exposed Persons (PEP), perform
analyses of transactions and/or perform Ongoing Due Diligence on our portfolio
of customers securing high quality in customer due diligence processes. As part
of your career plan, more complex customer directed activities would be added
to portfolio of tasks. All the above tasks have the purpose of evaluating
customer cases and related AML/CTF risks and thereby assisting the customer
responsible units, Corporate & Investment Banking (C&IB) and Financial
Institutions Group (FIG), to understand and manage financial crime related
What we are offering is a
challenging position in an international field of Financial Anti-Crime. As a
Specialist you will have a great opportunity not only to develop your
professional skills, but also advance in your career.
What you’ll be doing:
- Safeguard the largest and most complex Nordic/Global customers and Nordea from ever-growing threats in a complex and global environment
- Evaluate complex customer cases and related AML/CTF risks and assist C&IB and FIG front-line to manage financial crime related risk
- Secure high quality in customer due diligence
- Develop further in challenging and rapidly changing area
you an inspiring and international working environment with dedicated, driven
and professional colleagues.
is based in Tallinn.
What we offer:
Nordea Estonia with 480 employees is the member of Diversity Association in Estonia and was chosen in 2019 as Top Employer by CVOnline. We have international team with 21 different nationalities - due to that our corporate language is English.
You are welcome to the team of specialists in our modern office at Valukoja. After training period, you will have some flexibility to organize your work hours according to your need - i.e. to start day earlier and have longer evenings. Some benefits to mention: You will have Fruit Wednesdays, as of second year additional 7 days winter vacation, 2 health days, sport benefit with wide range of activities and additional payment to 3rd pillar pension.
Who are you
Ownership. Passion. Courage. The four key values that guide us in living our
purpose and that we expect all our colleagues be committed to.
a successful career with us, you’ll work well with our growing teams in Tallinn,
but also with colleagues from both Nordic and Global Nordea branches. You
always act with the customers’ needs in mind. You love learning and trying new
things and you are excited about bringing your ideas to the table. You are
honest and dependable, willing to speak up even when it is difficult. You are
committed to empowering others while feeling passionate about doing a great
qualify for this position, you should preferable have an educational background
within Law, Science, IT, Economics or similar. Preferably experience working
within Banking and Corporates in particular. Prior experience in AML/CTF, KYC,
Transactions Monitoring and/or Sanctions and knowledge on Corporate &
Institutional customers is highly valued, but as we are constantly reinforcing
and diversifying the team, an applicant with a background in other related
field or industry sector would certainly be considered.
with strong results from University/Business School, but without substantial
work experience, are also encouraged to apply.
- Understanding of the relevant regulatory landscape
- 3-4 years of experience within Banking: Compliance, AML/KYC, (corporate) customer advisor role
- Strong attention to detail and ability to master direct customer interaction
- Excellent in both verbal and written English and preferable but not required to also speak one of the Nordic languages
- Strong analytical and IT skills topped with the gift of presenting complex matters in clear and understandable form
- Capability to build relationships with key stakeholders in different organizational levels
- Curiosity to dig into details and tolerate routines, but also ability to put those details into a larger perspective
- Ambitious and focused on achieving results
- Capability to accept changing working environment fast, thus you can work independently with quality
- A bachelor degree, master degree is a benefit
sounds like you, we look forward to welcoming you to the team!
send us your application with motivation letter as soon as possible. We
start the interviews and can make selections during the application time.
believe that diversity improves team performance. Therefore, we strive to form
teams with a mix of people of different genders and ages, and with different
backgrounds and experiences.
consider only applicants with existing residency / work permit in EU.