Head of Data Warehouse, Analytics & GSI - Site Reliability Engineering, Gdańsk
We are looking for a Team lead for our Data Warehouse & Analytics and GSI (Golden Source Instruments) SRE team. This is an opportunity for you to have an exciting Leading Others position in the Trading Technology division of a global bank, where we manage the daily operations for the Application Management function.
The team consists of 10 members and is responsible for our end-2-end Data Warehouse and analytical platforms within Trading Technology. We are several fast-moving business areas which expect stable and resilient production environments, fast “Time to Market” and high sense of ownership and productivity.
You will be leading a team of DevOps/Site Reliability Engineers which will grow in members, capabilities and responsibilities in the coming years. You will have a leading role in the transformation for your area, working with innovative technologies and concepts across the bank, to enable a future core competitive environment. We are on a digitalization journey, and as a leader you will be tasked to transform IT Operations towards a DevOps and Site Reliability Engineering (SRE) approach.
What you’ll be doing:
- Be responsible for delivering a strategy followed by strong business result and driving Operational excellence
- Ensure a strong focus on raising application and service level availability for your area
- Understand the business drivers and manage boundaries between your function and across the organisation
- Provide timely and well-documented feedback, coaching, performance assessment of your reports, and hold them accountable for their performance and deliveries
- Contribute on uplifting our DevOps and Site Reliability Engineering capabilities and strive towards excellence
- Implement and optimize processes, products and facilitate continual service improvements in your area
- Work closely with the business and development teams for your area, ensuring full alignment across the delivery chain
- Mature the adoption of the ITIL framework in your area
- Support the Head of Application Operations in Core Services, Risk and FRC IT, on implementing the transformation agenda for an organization of 45 people who support 30+ business applications
- Support your manager through a deputy role when required
- Deliver based on the defined IT Operations KPIs
- Create a strong culture and mentality in your team by raising the bar and ambitions
- Meet the financial targets of your unit
The role is based in Gdańsk, but it involves travel to Denmark at least once a quarter for a few days.
Who are you
Collaboration. Ownership. Passion. Courage. These are the four key values that guide us in being at our best. We imagine that you enjoy learning and are excited about bringing your ideas to the table. You’re dependable, willing to speak up – even when it’s difficult – and committed to empowering others.
Your preferred profile and background:
- At least 4 years’ experience on a leadership position in a mid-size team, ideally within a financial services organization
- Strong background in Data Warehouse an analytics engineering / SRE or operations
- A Master’s degree in Engineering, Computer Science, Information Technology or similar
- Business education (e.g. MBA, Business Diploma) is an advantage
- A strong and technology-oriented background with an understanding of both infrastructure and application layer elements
- Experience in more than one of our current tools/platforms: Oracle, Qlik, Alteryx, Apache Spark / HDFS, Linux REDHat, JAVA
- Strong skills within transformation and project management creating proven changes in complex environment
- Experience with Application Management and Service Delivery Management
- Strong knowledge on DevOps and/or Site Reliability Engineering technologies, principles and best practises
- Knowledge on open source and cloud native tools and technologies
- Concepts like: monitoring, release engineering, scalability, self-healing, APIs, service discovery sound more than familiar
- A successful record on automating and eliminating manual interventions in daily operations
- ITIL foundation and good knowledge of operations processes is a necessity
- Experience in working with regulatory requirements and audit remarks
- Strong people, coaching, mentoring and communication skills
As a person you are/have:
- Energized and ambitious
- “Can do” attitude and you make it happen
- Creative and innovative with strong problem-solving skills
- Curious and interest on understanding and fulfilling business requirements
- Striving towards excellence while continuously raising the bar
- Client comes first mentality
- Interest by nature on the latest technological trends
- You support your ideas and decisions with constructive and solid arguments
- Ability to think differently and outside the box
- Strong focus on your personal development
If this sounds like you, get in touch!
At Nordea, we recruit from the widest possible pool and hire the best person for the job. Because diversity makes us stronger.
Please submit your application no later than 21 December 2018.
Please include permit for processing personal data in CV as following:
In accordance with art. 6 (1) a. Regulation (EU) 2016/679 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 27 April 2016 on the protection of natural persons with regard to the processing of personal data and on the free movement of such data, and repealing Directive 95/46/EC (General Data Protection Regulation) hereinafter ‘GDPR’. I agree to have my personal data proceeded for the purposes of current and future recruitment processes in Nordea Bank Abp Branch in Poland.
The administrator of your personal data is: Nordea Bank Abp Branch in Poland, Aleja Edwarda Rydza Śmiglego 20, 93-281 Łodź. Your personal data will be processed for the recruitment processes in Nordea Bank Abp Branch in Poland. You have a right to access your personal data, right to rectify and right to delete. Disclosing the personal data in the scope specified by the provisions of Polish Labour Code from 26 June 1974 and executive acts are mandatory. Providing additional personal data is voluntary however necessary to conduct the recruitment processes. The request for the deletion of your personal data means resignation from further participation in recruitment processes and causes the immediate removal of your application. Detailed information concerning processing of your personal data can be found at: http://nordea.pl/odo.pdf
We reserve the right to reply only to selected applications.