Full Stack Senior Java Developer for International Units, Gdansk
Working with us, you will play a part in building a better bank that fulfils a meaningful role in society. We aim to help our 11 million customers around the world improve their lives and reach their goals. To do that, we are shaping the digital transformation of banking to improve the services we deliver. Interested in coming on the journey with us?
As Senior Developer you’ll be maintaining and further develop our Lending application, LoanIQ, that handles all the complex loans in Nordea, plus interfaces and inhouse developed applications connected to Loan IQ.
The position is mainly Java development but includes a broad range of tasks, e.g. SQL development, scripting, environment configuration and business support on technical issues.
The system – LoanIQ – is a combination of a vendor based solution, internally developed integrations and a web client.
In International Units, we provides IT services to International Units, Corporate & Institutional Banking and Structured Loan Services, acting as single point of contact in all IT matters.
We are competent and committed team that has passion to turn IT knowledge into business capabilities.
What you’ll be doing:
- The position covers the full life cycle from new requirements to be implemented, maintenance, environment configuration, product upgrades, technical improvement etc.
- The focus will be on further development of the in-house developed parts of the system, and here good skills in Java and application design using Spring and Hibernate are needed. There will also be need of skills in improving/refactoring the existing code base.
- Some of the new tasks in the development pipeline will be integration using kafka, rewriting user interface in React, development of Rest services.
- The system is operated by our operations team, and there is a need to have good cooperation with the operations team to improve e.g. environment configuration and automated workflows for deployments.
- We use a full development pipeline with version control (GIT/Bitbucket), Maven builds, build server (Bamboo), automated tests, static code inspection (semmle/lgtm), JIRA, FishEye etc. There will be a need to understand these tools and be able to work with them.
The role is based in Gdansk. Welcome to a very committed and dedicated team working with curiosity and skills in a complex invironment.
Who are you?Collaboration. Ownership. Passion. Courage. The four key values that guide us in being at our best and that we expect all our colleagues to be committed to.
To build a successful career with us, you’ll work well with others and always act with the customer’s needs in mind. You love learning and trying new things, and you’re excited about bringing your ideas to the table. You’re honest and dependable, willing to speak up even when it’s difficult, and committed to empowering others. You’re passionate about doing a great job.
You are a person with great technical skills who can be the main driver for the development. You must be comfortable with and having the competencies to do technical decisions of varying complexity in cooperation with the technical architect in the team. You must be able to assist the Business Analyst in project planning and estimation.
You will have to act as the senior developer in the LoanIQ development team, and as such be interested in helping other developers grow by assisting and coaching them.
There will be good possibilities to have technical sparring and support in the team.
- Experienced full stack Java developer
- Experienced with application design and refactoring
- Able to drive development and mentor others
- Spring, Hibernate, Java Server Faces
- Junit, Mocking, automated testing
- Development pipelines, automation, scripting
- Scrum/Kanban planning
- Knowledge about LoanIQ or syndicated/structured loans
- Rest services
- Json and XML processing
- WebLogic Application Server, Oracle database
- Windows Server
- Experience with NINJAGO a benefit
If this sounds like you, we look forward to welcoming you to the team!
More information and send applicationYou have until 17 June 2018 to send us your application.
Great people often know great people – please share if you have a friend who would love this job.
We believe that diversity improves team performance. Therefore, we strive to form teams with a mix of people of different genders and ages, and with different backgrounds and experiences.
Please include permit for processing personal data in CV as following: “I give my permission for the processing of my personal data that is essential for the recruitment process in Nordea Bank AB branch in Poland, in accordance with the Act of 29.08.1997 on the Protection of Personal Data (Journal of Laws No. 133, item 883 amended)”.
We reserve the right to reply only to selected applications.