IT Business Analyst, Gdańsk
Working with us, you will play a part in building a better bank that fulfils a meaningful role in society. We aim to help our 11 million customers around the world improve their lives and reach their goals. To do that, we are shaping the digital transformation of banking to improve the services we deliver. Interested in coming on the journey with us?
Wholesale Banking Operations Reporting Technology Team (WBOR) unit is a part of Trading Technology IT which is responsible for supporting and developing systems and solutions for Wholesale Banking Operations (WBO). We are divided into several CI-teams located in Denmark and Poland. We are focused on simplification - we consider the agile development methods and close cooperation with business as the key to achieve that.
We are looking for an IT Analyst to join the WBO Reporting Technology team related with Regulatory Reporting, Tax Reporting and Backoffice Reporting.
As an IT Analyst in our team, we expect you to be open-minded, and constantly challenge yourself and your colleagues in seeking new solutions to the tasks at hand, and thereby contribute actively to a learning driven environment.
What you’ll be doing:
- Sparring partner for the business and the rest of the development team in order to plan, design and create the applications and data for reporting,
- Gathering requirements from Business stakeholders and challenging them to create sustainable solutions (functional and non-functional requirements),
- Creating requirements documentation,
- Creating high quality analysis in our applications, which include reporting tools of high importance for Nordea,
- Supporting hundreds of users distributed across our offices world-wide,
- Contributing to continuous improvements in developing processes, suggesting the best approach based on your own experience.
By joining Nordea Team, you will gain:
- Opportunity to participate in ambitious international IT projects.
- Wonderful team spirit and a great working atmosphere across many different cultures, area of expertise Business and IT.
- Stable employment conditions in international environment.
- Agile project approach.
- Challenging tasks.
- Cafeteria benefits plan (life insurance, retirement program, sport card, private health care, cinema tickets).
- Possibility to increase your knowledge and skills (Internal and external trainings, Lunch & learn sessions, etc.)
The role is based in Gdańsk, but you might be also required to travel to Nordic countries (mainly Denmark/Finland).
Who are you?Collaboration. Ownership. Passion. Courage. The four key values that guide us in being at our best and that we expect all our colleagues to be committed to.
To build a successful career with us, you’ll work well with others and always act with the customer’s needs in mind. You love learning and trying new things, and you’re excited about bringing your ideas to the table. You’re honest and dependable, willing to speak up even when it’s difficult, and committed to empowering others. You’re passionate about doing a great job.
You enjoy working in a high-performing team, setting high-standards and you have the ability and willingness to learn and grow together with the unit. You need to have very good communication and cooperation skills. It is important that you have analytical mindset and you are familiar with agile way of working.
- Three or more years of experience in IT Analysis.
- Very good analytical skills and business understanding.
- Good at documenting, keeping track off, following up and structuring tasks.
- Ability to communicate efficiently with stakeholders on all levels with good interpersonal skills.
- Proactive approach towards problem solving.
- Independent, self-driven personality, with a desire to do things in the right way.
- Agile working method (create user stories and acceptation criteria).
- Fluent English (used on a daily basis).
Nice to have (additional advantage):
- Experience in Capital Markets Business. Knowledge in the trading systems and risk control systems used by Nordea (Bloomberg, Reuter, Infinity, Mars, Wall Street, etc.)
- Database Knowledge (Oracle, SQL - you are able to compose selected queries with joins, insert/update/delete statements).
- Jira and Conflunce experience.
- Ability to read files in XML, FPML, CSV format.
- Knowledge of BPMN.
- Experience in delivering trainings, mentoring or sharing knowledge.
If this sounds like you, we look forward to welcoming you to the team!
More information and send applicationYou have until 23 May 2018 to send us your application.
Great people often know great people – please share if you have a friend who would love this job.
We believe that diversity improves team performance. Therefore, we strive to form teams with a mix of people of different genders and ages, and with different backgrounds and experiences.
Please include permit for processing personal data in CV as following: “I give my permission for the processing of my personal data that is essential for the recruitment process in Nordea Bank AB branch in Poland, in accordance with the Act of 29.08.1997 on the Protection of Personal Data (Journal of Laws No. 133, item 883 amended)”.
We reserve the right to reply only to selected applications.