Site Reliability Engineer, Gdańsk
Working with us, you will play a part in building a better bank that fulfils a meaningful role in society. We aim to help our customers around the world improve their lives and reach their goals. To do that, we are shaping the digital transformation of banking to improve the services we deliver. Interested in coming on the journey with us?
In the Site Reliability Engineering team (part of Trading Technology Application Operations), we are tasked with the responsibility of supporting the organization with engineering solutions. We work towards simplification, harmonization and automation, along with building and maintaining scalable and reliable services.
Our team is spread across Denmark and Poland, supporting both the application development and application operations teams across Trading Technology with the below services being the core:
- Application Monitoring and Event Management
- Release Engineering
- Automation of manual operation tasks
- Configuration Management
- Continuous Delivery and Integration
- Infrastructure Scalability and Robustness
- Open source governance
- Service Design, Service Transition and Service Operation
Part of our daily work is to use and maintain development, continuous delivery/ integration and application operations toolset. Continuously investigating new technologies is what we also spend our time on.
Our working methodology is a “3 – Angle” model through which we deliver new solutions through our “Factory”, we operate our tools in production through our Service and Self-Service Desks and we provide “hands on” support and “on boarding” to our platform.
We work agile combining Scrum and Kanban and we are always open to new ideas and innovation.
We are looking for an energetic, innovative and service minded Site Reliability Engineer who is “Thinking Differently”, is technology savvy, likes to work with automation and enjoys challenges. Being a self-starter, ambitious and curious person is strong assets.
- Maintain and operate our Continuous Delivery and Integration platform
- Deliver new solutions through our “Factory” and interoperate them with existing
- Ensure the operational stability of our tools and scalability of our infrastructure
- Support our clients in production through our Service Desk function
- Promote our platform and principles across the organization and support “hands on” on the on boarding of new clients
- Support the on boarding of new tools and services in the SRE team
- Be an ambassador towards engineering and automation principles across IT division
- Support our clients with Service Design, Transition and Operation for business-critical applications
- Stable employment conditions in international environment
- Business trips to Copenhagen
- Agile project approach
- Challenging tasks
- Cafeteria benefits plan (life insurance, retirement program, sport card, private health care, cinema tickets, annual profit sharing)
- Possibility to increase your knowledge and skills (external and internal trainings, Pluralsight)
Who are you?Collaboration. Ownership. Passion. Courage. The four key values that guide us in being at our best and that we expect all our colleagues to be committed to.
To build a successful career with us, you’ll work well with others and always act with the customer’s needs in mind. You love learning and trying new things, and you’re excited about bringing your ideas to the table. You’re honest and dependable, willing to speak up even when it’s difficult, and committed to empowering others. You’re passionate about doing a great job.
- You hold a Master’s degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, Computer Engineering or Information Technology
- Fluent English
- You have at least 4-5 years of work experience as an SRE or DevOps preferably at a large organization, supporting the design and operation of business-critical applications
- Experience working with Scrum and/or Kanban
- Experience with at least 3 of the below technologies and tools:
- Docker, Puppet, Vagrant, Mongo DB, Cassandra, Ansible + Ansible Tower, Consul, Artifactory, Atlassian tools, monitoring tools and/or code quality tools (SonarQube, BlackDuckHub).
- Experience with at least one of the following: Node.js, Angular, Python, Go or Shell-Scripting, Oracle and/or PostgreSQL.
- Experience working with API's achieving automation and interoperability
- Experience with database along with backup and restore procedures failover instances
- Experience in application monitoring and application self-healing best practises
- Experience on supporting clients is desired as well as troubleshooting, incident and problem management
- Knowledge on the financial services domain is considered a strong advantage but not a prerequisite
- Experience with distributed systems is an advantage
- ITIL foundation certificate as well as IT compliance knowledge is an advantage
If this sounds like you, we look forward to welcoming you to our team!
More information and send application
You have until 13 June 2018 to send us your application. We look forward to hearing from you!
We believe that diversity improves team performance. Therefore, we strive to form teams with a mix of people of different genders and ages, and with different backgrounds and experiences.
Please include permit for processing personal data in CV as following: “I give my permission for the processing of my personal data that is essential for the recruitment process in Nordea Bank AB branch in Poland, in accordance with the Act of 29.08.1997 on the Protection of Personal Data (Journal of Laws No. 133, item 883 amended)”.
We reserve the right to reply only to selected applications.