Hadoop Infrastructure Operations Expert, Warszawa
Working with us, you will play a part in building a better bank that fulfils a meaningful role in society. We aim to help our customers around the world improve their lives and reach their goals. To do that, we are shaping the digital transformation of banking to improve the services we deliver. Interested in coming on the journey with us?
As a Hadoop Infrastructure Operations Expert, you will be responsible for the operations and maintenance of our Hadoop Data Platform based on Cloudera and its infrastructure improvements, security and compliance. You will get a chance to dive into the new and exciting territory of Big Data distributed computing.
In Group Technology, Big Data & Analytics, we build, shape and manage the Big Data & Hadoop platform.
What you’ll be doing:
- Interacting with Business IT Units, architects and infrastructure specialists, as well as with Linux/Unix- and Database Operations Specialists to optimize operational stability and platform performance.
- Writing and maintaining Hadoop knowledge base: blogs, processes and guidelines.
- Collaborating and coordinating globally with cross border teams and tenants: you will help, guide and solve issues related with Big data platform and peripheral integrations, including data and frameworks.
- Automating and simplifying processes where possible.
The role is based in Warszawa. Welcome to join a dynamic and global environment where you will be working close to architects and infrastructure specialists, and participating in leading the future direction of the platform.
Who are you?Collaboration. Ownership. Passion. Courage. The four key values that guide us in being at our best and that we expect all our colleagues to be committed to.
To build a successful career with us, you’ll work well with others and always act with the customer’s needs in mind. You love learning and trying new things, and you’re excited about bringing your ideas to the table. You’re honest and dependable, willing to speak up even when it’s difficult, and committed to empowering others. You’re passionate about doing a great job.
You are an experienced Hadoop Administrator, Subject Matter Expert or Architect. Alternatively, you are an experienced Developer with architecture knowledge.
Either or, your background includes:
- Experience in Java, Scala, Python, Bash scripting and understanding of what AMP Berkeley big data stack is.
- Great Linux/Unix skills and experience with all layers of the technology stack.
- In-depth Knowledge about data models, structure and database systems (preferably Oracle RDBMS).
- Understanding of distributed computing and large enterprise infrastructures.
- When it comes to your personal qualities, we believe that you never do the same twice without considering automation. You have very good communication skills; you exchange ideas and relate to people from all parts and levels in the organisation.
If this sounds like you, we look forward to welcoming you to the team!
More information and send applicationYou have until 24 May 2018 to send us your application.
Great people often know great people – please share if you have a friend who would love this job.
We believe that diversity improves team performance. Therefore, we strive to form teams with a mix of people of different genders and ages, and with different backgrounds and experiences.
Please include permit for processing personal data in CV as following: “I give my permission for the processing of my personal data that is essential for the recruitment process in Nordea Bank AB branch in Poland, in accordance with the Act of 29.08.1997 on the Protection of Personal Data (Journal of Laws No. 133, item 883 amended)”.
We reserve the right to reply only to selected applications.