Release & Change manager, Gdynia, Helsinki, Copenhagen, Stockholm
Your release management skills are needed to Change the Bank!
Nordea IT is going through a transformation to increase efficiency, create greater coherence across IT and to meet the customer expectations. Our newly established Banking Technology unit and more agile execution model are organised around IT capabilities and a business-alignment function.
Within Banking Technology, lays us – the Change/Technology Capabilities, responsible for the solutions that change the bank.
We focus on uplifting our IT capabilities: change execution, requirements management, software architecture, software development, quality assurance, engineering system and strategic execution. Are you the one who can help Nordea increase organisational maturity by taking responsibility of growing up the competence and motivation of our IT professionals.
We are looking for multiple roles in the areas of release and change management, deployment and production roll-out management.
As a Release & Change Manager, you will be a spider in the net and act as the key player managing the overall deployment for the domain with close interactions with other release managers, program execution teams and operation and infrastructure teams
The ideal candidate enjoys working with people and processes in highly complex environment context, can grasp the big picture and at the same time is able to go down into the details, to ensure detailed planning of release management activities.
The position we offer
As a release and change manager in the Release & Change management team you will have a unique opportunity for you to take the next step in your career. We are looking for one or more colleagues to join our team and be a part of building up our new IT organization covering IT Release & Change management competencies. Based on your experience and/or aspirations, you could be working either in traditional ITIL-based release management projects, SAFe and agile release projects, or in production roll-out and deployment projects
You don’t need to have all the arrows listed below in your quiver, but the more you have the better. You will, among other important tasks, be responsible for:
- Running the release lifecycle planning and execution activities
- Defining the release & roll-out strategy, governance model and milestone plan
- Representing the Release & Change management capability in program meetings
- Leading release go live activities
- Coordinate the roll-out organization and the surrounding teams are ready to start go live operations
- Planning, Coordinating and Executing pre-production and production business verification activities
- Planning and Executing Change activities prior and during a production release
- Planning and getting stakeholder approval for changes and releases
- Leading gate meetings to approve next steps in the release
The qualifications you need
Expected skills cover one or more of the following:
- Educational background relevant to Bachelors/Master's degree or the equivalent experience
- Several years of leadership experience from IT company
- Understanding of Agile, Scrum, SAFe methodologies
- Understanding of technology related to DevOps
- Experience to build up and work with continuous integration and continuous deployment practices.
- Experience on coordinating complex releases with different architectures across different programs
- Knowledge on Change management processes and tools, preferably on Nordea’s side
- Deep knowledge on SW and infrastructure releasing cycles
- Release and deployment management experience using ITIL framework.
- Experience and knowledge in Infrastructure & Operation.
- Experience working with incident, problem and change management.
- Excellent networking and interpersonal skills
- Very good level of English
- Strong leadership and management skills
- Accountability and proactivity
Furthermore, we would like you to:
- Be an analytical person with great project management and planning skills.
- Have great coordination skills with the ability to motivate and inspire the people you work with.
- Pay attention to details, with the ability to keep an overview to deliver your commitments and dependencies to others.
- Have great communication skills and can explain and break down high level strategies into tactical and operational actions and secure delivery and close follow-up.
Motivation and willingness to learn something new every day is the mind-set we are looking for in the potential candidates. We focus on each employee’s professional development and combine personal development plans with suitable tasks and necessary education. Finally, you are willing to walk the extra mile to deliver outstanding services to fit release schedules applicable for all Nordea Banking Technology projects
- Full time position based on an employment contract
- Possibility to participate in training programs enhancing your qualifications
- An incentive package that includes a medical services package for you and your family, a sports card, cinema tickets funding, a possibility to join a corporate life insurance scheme
- Access to Employee Pension Scheme
More information and send application
For more information about the position, you are welcome to contact:
Victor Arroyo, email@example.com
Simone Leggio, Simone.Leggio@nordea.com
Henri Elemo, Henri.Elemo@nordea.com
Please include permit for processing personal data in CV as following: “I give my permission for the processing of my personal data that is essential for the recruitment process in Nordea Bank AB branch in Poland, in accordance with the Act of 29.08.1997 on the Protection of Personal Data (Journal of Laws No. 133, item 883 amended)”.
We reserve the right to reply only to selected applications.