Test Automation Engineer FRC IT, Gdańsk
Nordea Markets is the leading international capital markets operator and investment banking partner in the Nordic and Baltic Sea regions.
Nordea Markets rely on Capital Markets IT to provide technology that will allow the bank to stand strong and excel in this environment. We, Capital Markets IT, are developers, business analysts, architects, project managers and other technologists working all over the world.
Using leading edge technologies, we develop high performance real-time systems, processing a large number of transactions daily, and supporting hundreds of users distributed across our offices world-wide.
At the beginning of 2014 we have opened a new IT Development Centre office in Poland, Tricity. Our ambition is to become a leading Capital Markets development unit with top quality developers.
Test Automation Engineer
We are building Nordea Trading Technology next generation Middle Office IT solutions: Liquidity management, accounting, statutory reporting and controlling frameworks. This includes working accurately with large amounts of data
in a timely manner, sometimes in real-time.
You will be part of an informal and strong development team building services and systems using Java and industry standard tools and methodologies. We use agile processes in small teams in close corporation with our business owners. Together with the team you will be responsible for the design, development and test of the new solution.
In front office, our colleagues make several thousands of trades a day. The solution that we are to build together with our business partners will support a newly re-engineered business process. The process requires a system that accurately controls and distributes the correct sales income to the different Customer Responsible Units in front office and in the branches around the world. The data that we generate will be exposed in different formats available to different downstream consumers.
The solution will be built in core Java. The data will be retrieved from a Kafka message bus, business logic will be applied, and data will be stored in Oracle DBs and exposed in dedicated APIs. Furthermore, data will be exposed in proper conformed dimensions via DataMart’s and OBIEE for business analysis. In addition, we will add a UI for our business partners to do adjustments to persisted data.
We need some clever test automation engineers that will make sure we use and implement the right test strategy from
the start. You will form part of a scrum team that will consist of 4 Java developers, 2 test automation engineers, a scrum master and
a product owner. A software architect will also be attached to the team.
Skills & Requirements:
We are looking for a dedicated Test Automation Engineer with:
- At least 5 years of testing experience
- Test automation experience
- Cucumber experience or the willingness to learn it
- TDD experience
- Basic software development skills – Java, C#, etc.
- Ability to work with RDBMS like Oracle (primarily SQL skills)
- ISTQB certification (Foundation, Advanced or similar )
- Solid knowledge about testing and QA methodologies, procedures, documentation and tools
- Experience in working on complex functional and non-functional test activities
- Good knowledge about product development life cycle and software test life cycle
- If you don’t already know the Capital Markets domain, we expect you to learn it quickly
- Communicative English
- Readiness for business trips for the first few months
- Stable employment conditions in international environment
- A chance to be a part of a new team
- Business trips to Copenhagen
- Agile project approach
- Challenging tasks
- Cafeteria benefits plan (life insurance, retirement program, sport card, private health care, cinema tickets)
- Possibility to increase your knowledge and skills (trainings, Pluralsight)
To apply for this position please send CV in English (including permit for processing personal data: I give my permission for the processing of my personal data that is essential for the recruitment process in Nordea Bank AB branch in Poland, in accordance with the Act of 29.08.1997 on the Protection of Personal Data (Journal of Laws No. 133, item 883 amended).
We reserve the right to reply only to selected applications.