SAS Platform Administrator, Gdynia
The position we offer
- Act as the interface between IT and the business for delivering new SAS Platform requirements.
- Provide guidance over changes to the SAS GRID being implemented in line with IT change boards.
- Communicate to user’s maintenance downtime and changes affecting the SAS Platform.
- Act as a liaison between SAS Support and the Business users when dealing with a specific SAS user issue/defect.
- Support IT in the deployment of new operational standards relating to SAS i.e. code repositories, backup scheduling etc.
The qualifications you need
- The SPA role is a hands-on role that requires the SPA to be a “doer”.
- There is a need for good interpersonal skills and communication for being able to communicate between IT and the Business.
- Clearly articulate constraints, Risks and Issues and the impact of these on users and the business.
- Ability to work independently. Strong communication, technical teamwork and interpersonal skills are mandatory.
- An understanding of SAS Platform and SAS Metadata concepts.
- An understanding of Server and Storage Infrastructure.
- An understanding of Clustered Computing and Workload Management concepts.
- An understanding of server security and folders and how they relate to SAS folders and security.
- To have good knowledge of SAS configuration files such as autoexec, configuration and environment files.
- To understand how to Start and stop SAS servers and the impact of doing so.
- To have a good knowledge of LINUX Shell scripting (korn, bash etc).
- Good trouble shooting skills for debugging issues related to applications and infrastructure.
- You never do the same twice without considering automation.
- You are open minded, motivated, committed and a fast learner.
- You like to exchange ideas and listen to other ideas and suggestions.
- You have very good communication skills and are able to speak and relate to people from all parts and levels in the organisation.