Application Operation Specialist (IBM iSeries, Midas), Gdansk
Nordea Markets is the leading international capital markets operator and investment banking partner in the Nordic and Baltic Sea regions.
Nordea Markets rely on Capital Markets IT to provide technology that will allow the bank to stand strong and excel in this environment. We, Capital Markets IT, are developers, business analysts, architects, project managers and other technologists working all over the world.
Using leading edge technologies, we develop high performance real-time systems, processing a large number of transactions daily, and supporting hundreds of users distributed across our offices world-wide.
At the beginning of 2014 we have opened a new IT Development Centre office in Poland, Tricity. Our ambition is to become a leading Capital Markets development unit with top quality developers.
Application Operation Specialist
with IBM iSeries-Midas
As an Application Operation Specialist, you will be responsible for the Support, Maintenance, deployment and automation for a variety of applications.
You will be responsible for sharing, advising, and educating others on sound design principles related to reliable operations and deployment of our software.
Working closely with members of the infrastructure, Business and Development teams you will facilitate top-notch delivery and support of services.
Monitor and maximize existing resources and maintain system availability by managing and scheduling jobs. Provide 2nd level support to Service Desk and 3rd level support to IT-Supporters.
Interact with Database Specialist, Infrastructure Specialist, Network Specialist and Developers in all tasks related to job schedules
You will lead initiatives within the team that will help us on the path of Continual Service Improvement (CSI).
You will join a team where we deliver world-wide support of IBM I-Series platform and the third party system Midas Banking System.
Stable employment conditions in international environment
A chance to be a part of a new team
Agile project approach
Cafeteria benefits plan (life insurance, retirement program, sport card, private health care, cinema tickets)
Possibility to increase your knowledge and skills
- Provide ongoing support and improvement of applications and services
- Ensure high Quality Assurance, Security compliance, Plan, create operational procedures to maintain stability and resilience
- Setup appropriate scheduling applications and Operator Instructions relevant to the processing platform to execute production efficient
- Monitor customer change requests and action via standard Incident and Change tool records to agreed time scales and processes to maintain stability
- Perform administrative operations in managed systems as requested by business or IT to maintain the systems
- Work with Infrastructure and Operations as well as Application Development teams to develop, implement, and control high quality batch applications supporting internal and external customers
- Act as technical resource and point of escalation for Service Centre and Management to involve appropriate competences as needed
- Schedule and monitor deployment of applications to keep customer platforms updated
- Manage technical integrity, upgrades, releases and deployments of the applications
- Ensure updated application documentation in the CMDB and Knowledge Management System (KMS).
- Follow Nordea incident, problem and change management processes, and ensure that all are correctly registered in Remedy
- Responsible for Continual Service Improvements through the improvement backlog
- Understand and follows the compliance requirements as defined by the company policy
- Identify skills required to support the applications, and make sure the employees knowledge is up-to-date
- Manages relationships with business and IT peers
Qualifications you need:
Strong communication skills
- System admin knowledge preferably on iSeries (IBMi)
Nice to have
- Application knowledge – BFM (Bank Fusion Midas)
- MQ Series, XML, CL language, WebSphere, C#, Java, sFTP.
Readiness to occasionally cover deployments during the weekends.
More information and send application:
To apply for this position please send CV in English (including permit for processing personal data: I give my permission for the processing of my personal data that is essential for the recruitment process in Nordea Bank AB branch in Poland, in accordance with the Act of 29.08.1997 on the Protection of Personal Data (Journal of Laws No. 133, item 883 amended)).
We reserve the right to reply only to selected applications.