Data Engineering Manager, Gdańsk, Warszawa
The position we offer
- Managing the engineering teams (size of 20) based in Tri-city area in Poland,
- Driving the implementation of distributed and highly parallelized BigData processing pipeline which process massive amount of data (both structured and unstructured) in both batch and near real-time,
- Driving innovation and R&D of emerging technologies in BigData space,
- Implementing improvements of processes and systems, ensuring products, services and delivery chains meet customer needs and are compliant with regulations and policies,
- Automate processes where possible and are repeatable and reliable,
- Work closely with DevOps, QA and Product Management teams to deliver software in a Continuous Delivery environment.
The qualifications you need
- 10+ years experiences in Data Warehousing, analytics and business intelligence space,
- Expertise in various Big Data technologies, including Apache Spark, Kafka, NoSQL storages,
- Hands on Scala / Java development experiences
- Extensive experiences in data integration on both Hadoop and traditional environments
- Managed development team of size of 10+
- Experience in implementing data security capabilities such as encryption, anonymisation is a big plus.
- Expertise in continuous integration, automation, containerisation to improve efficiency of the engineering team.
- Data driven thinking capabilities
- Excellent communication skills and experience of distributed global teams
- Solid grounding in Financial Service