Application Operation Specialist (GMD), Gdansk
Nordea Markets is the leading international capital markets operator and investment banking partner in the Nordic and Baltic Sea regions.
Nordea Markets rely on Capital Markets IT to provide technology that will allow the bank to stand strong and excel in this environment. We, Capital Markets IT, are developers, business analysts, architects, project managers and other technologists working all over the world.
Using leading edge technologies, we develop high performance real-time systems, processing a large number of transactions daily, and supporting hundreds of users distributed across our offices world-wide.
At the beginning of 2014 we have opened a new IT Development Centre office in Poland, Tricity. Our ambition is to become a leading Capital Markets development unit with top quality developers.
Application Operation Specialist
GMD, Trading and IT solutions
The position we offer
We are looking for an experienced team member to our Application Operations team who wants to work in a complex environment where both business and technology is a fast changing market.
As an Application Operation Specialist, you will be responsible for the Support, Maintenance, deployment and automation for a variety of applications.
Working closely with members of the infrastructure, Business and Development teams you will facilitate top-notch delivery and support of services. You will lead initiatives within the team that will help us on the path of Continual Service Improvement(CSI).
The Application Operation Specialist is the technical subject matter expert on all application-related aspects of designing, testing, operating and improving IT services. You will be responsible for operating the IT organization's applications and for ensuring operational stability and focus on cost-effectiveness.
• Take responsibility for one of our business critical systems supporting the Retail trading business.
• Contribute to improving, testing and deploying new features.
• Provide exceptional technical support to the Retail trading business.
• Focus on clear communication keeping all your stakeholders informed.
• Improve configuration management for servers and platforms.
• Focus on increasing operational stability of trading processes.
• Analyse support requests for root cause, determine preventive actions and outline change recommendations.
Qualifications you need:
• Strong communication skills
• Fluent English
• ITIL and knowledge of processes
• Scripting knowledge (bash, Powershell etc)
• Deployment of client packages using automated tools
• Operating System knowledge (Windows, Linux, Unix)
• Knowledge and practical experience of event monitoring
• Talent for proactive problem solving
• Database Knowledge (Oracle, SQL) as a plus
• Jira, Bitbucket, Confluence experience
• Technical skills in Java and related technologies would be an asset.
• Knowledge of banking industry, especially trading and risk domain is a plus
• Readiness to cover 7:00 - 17:00 support as a team.
• Readiness to occasionally cover deployments during the weekends.
More information and send application:
To apply for this position please send CV in English (including permit for processing personal data: I give my permission for the processing of my personal data that is essential for the recruitment process in Nordea Bank AB branch in Poland, in accordance with the Act of 29.08.1997 on the Protection of Personal Data (Journal of Laws No. 133, item 883 amended)).
We reserve the right to reply only to selected applications.