Application Support Specialist (Derivatives), Gdansk
Nordea Markets is the leading international capital markets operator and investment banking partner in the Nordic and Baltic Sea regions.
Nordea Markets rely on Capital Markets IT to provide technology that will allow the bank to stand strong and excel in this environment. We, Capital Markets IT are developers, business analysts, architects, project managers, application support and other technologists working all over the world.
Using leading edge technologies, we develop high performance real-time systems, processing a large number of transactions daily, and supporting hundreds of users distributed across our offices world-wide.
At the beginning of 2014 we have opened a new IT Development Centre office in Poland, Tricity. Our ambition is to become a leading Capital Markets development unit with top quality developers.
Currently we are looking for:
Application Support Specialist
We are looking to hire outstanding individuals to join our team of Application Operation Specialists in Nordea Capital Markets.
As an Application Operation Specialist, you will be responsible for the Support, Maintenance, deployment and automation for a variety of applications.
You will be responsible for sharing, advising, and educating others on sound design principles related to reliable operations and deployment of our software.
Working closely with members of the infrastructure, Business and Development teams you will facilitate top-notch delivery and support of services. You will lead initiatives within the team that will help us on the path of Continual Service Improvement (CSI).
The Application Operation Specialist is the technical subject matter expert on all application-related aspects of designing, testing, operating and improving IT services. He/she is responsible for operating the IT organization's applications and for ensuring operational stability and focus on cost-effectiveness.
- Provide ongoing support and improvement of applications and services
- Manage technical integrity, upgrades, releases and deployments of the applications
- Ensure updated application documentation in the CMDB and Knowledge Management System (KMS).
- Follow Nordea incident, problem and change management processes, and ensure that all are correctly registered in Remedy
- Responsible for Continual Service Improvements through the improvement backlog
- Understand and follows the compliance requirements as defined by the company policy
- Identify skills required to support the applications, and make sure the employees knowledge is up-to-date
- Manages relationships with business and IT peers
Stable employment conditions in international environment
Agile project approach
Cafeteria benefits plan (life insurance, retirement program, sport card, private health care, cinema tickets)
Possibility to increase your knowledge and skills
The qualifications you need:
- Strong communication skills
- ITIL and knowledge of processes
- Scripting knowledge (VBS, Powershell etc)
- Deployment of client packages using automated tools
- Operating System knowledge (Windows, Linux, Unix)
- Knowledge and practical experience of event monitoring
- Talent for proactive problem solving
- Database Knowledge (Oracle, SQL)
- Jira, Bitbucket, Confluence experience
- Knowledge of banking industry, especially trading and risk domain is a plus
- Readiness to cover 7:30 - 18:00 support as a team, work from home possible
- Readiness to occassionally cover deployments during weekends, occasionally provide on-call support for overnight escalations (based on a rota)
More information and send application:
To apply for this position please send CV in English (including permit for processing personal data: I give my permission for the processing of my personal data that is essential for the recruitment process in Nordea Bank AB branch in Poland, in accordance with the Act of 29.08.1997 on the Protection of Personal Data (Journal of Laws No. 133, item 883 amended)).
We reserve the right to reply only to selected applications.