Senior Java Developer (FRC IT Liquidity Risk), Gdansk
Nordea Markets is the leading international capital markets operator and investment banking partner in the Nordic and Baltic Sea regions.
Nordea Markets rely on Capital Markets IT to provide technology that will allow the bank to stand strong and excel in this environment. We, Capital Markets IT are developers, business analysts, architects, project managers and other technologists working all over the world.
Using leading edge technologies, we develop high performance real-time systems, processing a large number of transactions daily, and supporting hundreds of users distributed across our offices world-wide.
At the beginning of 2014 we have opened a new IT Development Centre office in Poland, Tricity. Our ambition is to become a leading Capital Markets development unit with top quality developers.
The position we offer:
Be challenged with real time data processing and architecture experience.
We are currently building high performance systems to support our business partners in managing and controlling processes within accounting, statutory reporting, liquidity risk, and a number of other common middle office processes.
We are on the search for a senior java developer with proven track record of designing and building high performance solutions to join our team in Copenhagen and help us design, develop and implement the future java based Middle Office IT solutions. You can expect to get hands-on with systems that operate with millions of transactions and terabytes of data.
We are now under massive transformation and redesign from a batch based PLSQL environment towards a service-oriented approach using loosely coupled services, asynchronous communication and resilient design. We use core java, message bus, in-memory cubes and other things to achieve maximum performance and scalability.
You will be part of an informal and strong development team building services and systems using Java and industry standard tools and methodologies. We use agile processes in small teams in close corporation with our business partners.
Financial & Risk Control IT (FRC IT) is part of the above mentioned Middle Office IT business area and consists of three development teams: FRC Operation, Financial components and FRC Reporting IT.
We are in a transition of closing down our PLSQL applications to build Java applications and frameworks for data processing as well as Business Intelligence and reporting solutions. We use agile processes in small project/ scrum teams in close corporation with our product owners.
Our main business partners and stakeholders in Capital Markets are: Financial & Risk Control (FRC), Infrastructure & Operations (I&O), as well as other departments in Capital Markets IT.
- Opportunity to participate in ambitious international IT projects
- Wonderful team spirit and a great working atmosphere in a friendly team
- Stable employment conditions in international environment
- Agile project approach
- Challenging tasks
- Cafeteria benefits plan (life insurance, retirement program, sport card, private health care, cinema tickets)
- Possibility to increase your knowledge and skills (Internal and external trainings, Pluralsight, Lunch & learn sessions, etc.)
The qualifications you need:
We are looking for a dedicated and highly skilled senior java developer, who is up for the challenge. To be successful in this role we expect:
- At least 3 years of experience working with modern Java frameworks and open source tools as well as methodologies
- At least 6 years of experience in software development
- Experience in building data processing systems that handles large amounts of data and interfaces with multiple other systems reliably
- If you do not already have good capital markets domain knowledge, you will be required to acquire that within reasonable time.
- Fluency in oral and written English is a prerequisite
- A master’s degree in engineering, computer science or other relevant background
You are at home in the core Java framework, Maven, Spark, Databases, SOA, Tomcat/Weblogic, Eclipse/IntelliJ, unit testing, distributed version control etc.
Furthermore you do have a proven track record on building java server applications of high quality in terms of: maintainability, supportability, correctness, testability, scalability, adaptability, security and performance.
More information and send application:
To apply for this position please send CV in English (including permit for processing personal data: I give my permission for the processing of my personal data that is essential for the recruitment process in Nordea Bank AB branch in Poland, in accordance with the Act of 29.08.1997 on the Protection of Personal Data (Journal of Laws No. 133, item 883 amended)).
We reserve the right to reply only to selected applications.