Senior Java Developer, Gdańsk
Nordea Markets is the leading international capital markets operator and investment banking partner in the Nordic and Baltic Sea regions.
Nordea Markets rely on Capital Markets IT to provide technology that will allow the bank to stand strong and excel in this environment. We, Capital Markets IT, are developers, business analysts, architects, project managers and other technologists working all over the world.
Using leading edge technologies, we develop high performance real-time systems, processing a large number of transactions daily, and supporting hundreds of users distributed across our offices world-wide.
At the beginning of 2014 we have opened a new IT Development Centre office in Poland, Tricity. Our ambition is to become a leading Capital Markets development unit with top quality developers.
The position we offer
We are moving towards service-oriented approach using loosely coupled REST services, asynchronous communication and resilient design. We use core java and in-memory data processing technologies (such as aggregation cubes) for performance reasons.
We are working using agile process in small teams with close relation to business. This is a good opportunity to participate and contribute to redesign of the whole system, implement your ideas and see them in action.
We think loosely coupled, lightweight, distributed.
We are on our way of transforming old technology into new systems so you should be able to effectively work with legacy code and not afraid of putting your hands inside some PLSQL logic to understand how something used to work.
- Mostly Java 8, some scala 2.10
- Gradle, Docker, Git
- Samza (Linkenin streaming framework), Hadoop yarn
- Active Pivot (OLAP cube, similar to Druid)
- Redis, Casandra in near future
- Stable employment conditions in international environment
- Agile project approach
- A chance to be a part of a new team
- Challenging tasks
- Cafeteria benefits plan (life insurance, retirement program, sport card, private health care, cinema tickets)
- Possibility to increase your knowledge and skills (trainings, Pluralsight and Safari books online licenses)
The qualifications you need
- 3+ years of experience
- Core Java (Java 8 including streams and lambdas)
- Spring framework
- REST services and accompanying technologies (JAX-RS, Jersey, Spring MVC)
- Data grid solutions (Coherence, memcached)
- Messaging (ActiveMQ, zeroMQ, etc.)
- Build frameworks: Maven, Gradle
- Experience in server side development
- PL/SQL experience in the past, but not primary
- A little of Scala and Dispatch
- Fluent English
- Energy and passion for work
- Problem-solving attitude
- Familiarity with Uncle Bob
More information and send application
Please include permit for processing personal data in CV as following: “I give my permission for the processing of my personal data that is essential for the recruitment process in Nordea Bank AB branch in Poland, in accordance with the Act of 29.08.1997 on the Protection of Personal Data (Journal of Laws No. 133, item 883 amended)”.
We reserve the right to reply only to selected applications